13- breaking your Fremmer hearts (short)

Summer's pov:
Freddy drags me to the bedroom, and we brush our teeth in the en suite.

After changing, I climb into bed. Freddy does the same.

Not even half an hour later, Freddy starts to talk. "Summer?" He whispered. "What's up?" I breathed. I really don't wanna talk right now, as I'm very tired, but he seems nervous. "I was wondering if you wanted to...um..." Freddy trailed off.

"What is it?" I questioned. He takes a deep breath, before finishing.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go with me to visit my dad in Miami this summer? You guys haven't met. Well, you did, back in year 8, but he started yelling at you, so that doesn't count." Freddy says nervously.

Ohhhhh nooooooooo...

"I'm sorry, but I can't." I muttered, looking down. "Why?" He frowned, confused. "Mum probably won't let me." I lied, deciding not to tell him about college yet.

"We'll both be 18. Your mum won't really be able to tell you what to do." Freddy stated. "I still can't..." I look back up at him as I say this. "Why not?" He furrows his brows. I look back down, and play with my fingers to try and cool my nerves.

"You aren't breaking up with me again, are you?" Freddy asked worriedly. I immediately look back into his eyes.

"Of course not!" I cried. I already made that mistake once, and I'm never making it again!

"Then why not?" He tucked a strand of loose hair behind my ear. "Because I'm going to college in New York." I whispered. Freddy's eyes widen. He is completely frozen in shock for a few seconds. He finally snapped out of it, and hurt fills his eyes.

"Y-you're leaving me?" Freddy stuttered. "I don't understand. I thought you loved me." His eyes threatened tears, and his lip quivered as he spoke. "I do, but..." I trailed off as his tears start to flow down his face. Freddy lays down as far away from me as possible.

I take a breath, and start again. "I do, but me being in New York won't change us.".

I start to wrap my arms around his waist, but am taken by surprise when he whacks my hands away. Freddy turns and faces away from me. "Freddy..." I start. He turns back around, and glares at me. "NO! SHUT UP!" He yelled, and turned away again.

My eyes widen in shock. Never, and I mean never, has Freddy ever said anything like that to me. I start to cry silently, not letting a single peep escape my lips. Freddy hates me!