Chapter 2

It was another tiring day of work. Vocal lessons, dance practices, photoshoots, and interviews managed to keep him busy throughout the day. Taehyung looked at his watch and sighed in disappointment.

It was 12:05 a.m. when he was returning home. He leaned on the seat and looked at the lonely dark street with some streetlights glowing and lighting up the empty road.

His life was also the same, lonely and dark

His life was also the same, lonely and dark. The only hope of light was his baby, who might not understand, but was the only reason why he tried to come back home. She was the reason why Taehyung tried to complete his routine faster. He wanted to spend some more time with her like other parents, but these days, it was becoming impossible for him to manage his schedules.

Every time he completes his work, a new shooting or interview comes up, making him late again. It has been three weeks since Taehyung heard his baby's voice. He returns home at midnight, and till that, the girl has to sleep, and when he leaves the house, it is too early for his baby to wake up.

Taehyung jerked out of his thoughts by his driver calling out for him. "We have reached your house, sir!" He said, and Taehyung looked around, and a shy smile crept on his face.

"I'm sorry. I got lost in my thoughts. " Taehyung spoke. "Thank you so much for driving me here. "

The driver smiled at the idol, feeling sad for him. He has been Taehyung's driver ever since the boy joined the company, and he knows how much he craves to be with his kid. "It's alright. That's my work. Have a good night. " The driver said before driving the car back to the company.

Taehyung took a breath of relief and pressed the passcode to open the door. He took off the mask and hat, keeping them on the stand, and went to the washroom to clean his hands. Like any other day, his dinner had been served on the dining table and will probably be cold till now.

"Mama! I missed you!" Taehyung looked up to the voice and saw Hyunmi running down the stairs and clinging to his legs, which made the idol smile, and he picked her up, making her squeal in excitement.

"I missed you too, bub. But why are you up so late?" Taehyung asked, carrying the girl to the nearest chair because his legs feel like jelly after working till so late. Once he sat on the chair, Hyunmi happily circled her arms around his neck, rubbing her nose on her mother's neck.

"I want to sleep with you, mama. " The girl replied, showing her tiny teeth, an action enough to make others laugh. "I get it, baby, but it's still not good if you stay awake this late. " Taehyung said, pinching her tiny nose, making the little girl pout.

"But mama, pwease. " Hyunmi whined, pouting and looking at the male. "You don't sleep with me, like before. " Her words made Taehyung's lips press into a thin line. He knows he can't spend time with his baby girl, no matter how much he tries.

"Sorry, baby. " Taehyung said. "Mama is busy these days. " Hyunmi looked at the sad expression of her mother and immediately knew her mother was hurt. "It's Oki. Will you sleep with me tonight?"  Hyunmi asked, cupping Taehyung's cheeks while trying not to fall from the idol's thighs.