Chapter 25

Taehyung smiles widely as his car stops in front of his house, where he spots his parents and Hyunmi standing. The girl's eyes immediately widen and shine with tears as she sees the idol and runs to hug him.

Taehyung crouches down, opening his arms, letting his baby crash into his chest, hearing her sniffle on his neck with slight wetness. "Stop crying, my love. I'm here now. " Taehyung whispers, pecking her forehead and, for a moment, almost getting lost in the scent of coconut shampoo.

He really missed her so much.

"You won't go again, mama?" Hyunmi asks, finally looking up at him with her big eyes filled with tears, while Taehyung hums, gently wiping them off.

"I'll be at home for a while now. You now gotta bear with me roaming all around you. " Taehyung lightly tickles her, making her giggle, but she doesn't let go of his collar.

"We will play a lot, mama. I've already decided on the games. "

"And I'll make sure we get to play every one of them, but let me greet your grandparents, alright. " Taehyung says, finally looking up from her face to his parents, standing there, looking at him fondly.

Oh, how he wished to have a strong relationship like them and give Hyunmi the love of both parents. That thought gets thrown out of the window when Yoongi and Jimin wrap their arms around him, and he smiles. At least he has his friends, and Taehyung wouldn't want anyone over them.

"It's great to see you back home, Taehyung-ah. It's been long since you came. " Taehyung hums, looking around the house where he spent his childhood.

Of course, the house was no longer how it was before. It was bigger and more modern, thanks to his income and the renovation he did, but it still hasn't lost its touch.

"I'm glad to be back, appa. " Taehyung says, moving forward to hug his father with Hyunmi still in his arms.

"Congratulations on your win. " Karinna whispers softly, and Taehyung nods, pulling her close to his chest.

"Thanks, mom. " He says before pulling out of the hug. "I really missed you both, and I guess I'll stay for a while here. "

"You can stay as long as you want, Tae. This is your house as well. And Yoongi and Jimin, make yourself comfortable. Come on in. " The two grinned and dragged Taehyung's bags inside the house.

Taehyung's house in Seoul was given up for rent, and he wouldn't lie, but he did cry when he had to leave his neighbors. They all have been supportive and cared for him and Hyunmi in all these four years he lived there, so it wasn't easy, but to have a good fresh start, he needed to leave.

Thankfully, his neighbors understood him and even prepared farewell gifts for him and Hyunmi.

Taehyung hoped the girl would like them.

Seokjin, Namjoon, Hoseok, and even Jungkook had come to meet him before his departure to Daegu and wished him luck for whatever he would do in his life, and Taehyung was really thankful for it.

It was nice, finally being able to be free.

Before leaving, Seokjin hugged Taehyung and whispered that he could always call if he needed anything. Although Taehyung declined, Seokjin reminded him that he never knew what the future awaits.

However, for a while, Taehyung forces himself to forget about his idol life, which he had left behind, and focus on what he has. His parents and his family.

God knows how long he waited for this moment.

-------

Jungkook smiled as Yoongi set up his table again. "Stop staring at me like a creep. " The manager hissed, but Jungkook didn't budge.