Chapter 12

HYBE was a great company. Taehyung realized it after spending a week there. The HYBE artist works hard, but still, they smile, laugh, and play together, unlike his company, where they just came for work.

Taehyung felt addicted to the company, its staff, and the environment as he spent time there. Jimin, for some reason, had stopped driving him to the company and usually sent the driver for Taehyung.

But they would still talk regularly, and Taehyung would see Jimin sometimes waiting for him in HYBE's lobby or talking secretly with the CEO. He doesn't understand what goes on between them, but he never cares enough to ask.

Jimin would tell him if he wanted to or if it was something important.

Apart from that, the staff of the HYBE was so friendly. The producers will always praise Taehyung for his stable vocals, deep baritone voice, and the emotions he brings while singing.

Taehyung was a blushing mess till they ended recording his part. He wasn't used to having this many praises from his producers because he had always heard that one was 'good' at the end, and then the producer would walk out.

When it would be Namjoon's turn to sing, Taehyung would eagerly sit behind the producer, putting extra pair of headphones which the producer would give him to hear Namjoon's voice, which according to him, was the most calming when the rapper sings.

According to Taehyung, Namjoon's voice was beautiful. It was so calming, making Taehyung wonder why the rapper says he can't sing because he definitely can sing very well.

When the producer showed them the final product, Taehyung was surprised at how beautiful the song turned out to be. It was the perfect combination of the melodies, giving it such a calming vibe that Taehyung wanted to hear it forever. The producer praised them for their hard work before allowing them to leave the studio.

The production was completed, and now they have to do photoshoots and promotions. If everything goes well, the song will be released by the end of this week.

Namjoon and Taehyung walked past the hallway in silence. Taehyung took out his phone, wondering why Jimin wasn't there. He thought the male would be here till they would complete their recording. There were no texts or calls from him, which worried him.

In silence, they stepped inside the elevator. "What would you like to eat for lunch, Taehyung-ssi?" Namjoon suddenly asked, which almost made Taehyung drop the phone in his hand.

"I usually have boiled vegetables and fruit juice for lunch. " Taehyung said and saw the Namjoon frown at him, with his eyes ranking all over Taehyung's body.

"You are already quite slim. I don't think you need a diet anymore. " Namjoon frowned.

"My company doesn't like if I gain weight, so I have been keeping this diet for years. " Taehyung replied, which wasn't a big thing for him, but the slight twitch in the rapper's lip made him wonder if Namjoon was preventing himself from saying something harsh.

"That's absurd. I know being idols, we need to keep ourselves at a certain weight, but following diets for years can make you very weak. " Namjoon's voice had concern in it Taehyung knows it.

"Yeah, but I can't go against my company. I just accept what they say. " Taehyung trailed off, mind wandering to the last time he became sick after eating one piece of chicken. His body had completely adjusted to the boiled eggs, vegetables, and fruits with some ramen and ice-creams. That's all he can eat.

Before they could talk further, the elevator opened, and a shocked Soobin stood there, eyes big as seals as if he had just seen a ghost. "Hello, Soobin-ssi. " Taehyung greeted with a smile, and the male shuttered, bowing furiously.