Five

"How are you feeling after all of that?" Colby asked, causing me to shrug my shoulders. "Certainly not my first interaction with him, definitely not my last." I said with a laugh.

"Zak to Sophia." Zak said over the walkie.

Colby handed it over to me and I responded. "Go for Sophia."

"How would you feel going to see Peggy?" He asked.

"Oh, I don't know. Shouldn't be a problem. Is that where you'd like me to head next?" I asked.

"Yeah, let's see how you do."

"Copy that."

I handed the walkie back over to Colby.

"You guys wanna join?" I asked.

"Let's give you a few minutes, then we'll join. How does that sound?" Colby said.

"Fine by me."

"Don't forget to greet her." Sam said as we walked down the hall.

"I won't, promise." I said with a smile.

"Well, here it is." Sam said pointing to the doorway.

Just standing outside of the room, I could see dolls sitting on a shelf before me. I took a deep breath and walked into the room. As I got farther in, I could see the case where Peggy was.

"Setting a timer for five minutes." Sam said.

"Hello, Peggy." I said as I got closer to the case, raising my head up to look straight into her bright blue eyes.

"Interesting."

I grabbed the spirit box from my back pocket and turned it on, setting it on the shelf besides Peggy's case.

"Peggy, my name is Sophia. Would you be interested in speaking with me?" I asked, waiting to see if a response would come through.

"I promise that me and my friends mean no harm. We come in peace. We would just really love the chance to be able to communicate with you."

Still, nothing came through.

"I know you don't like it when people are disrespectful or say you're just a doll. I can sense the kind of power that you have. Are you able to give me a sign that you're here?" I asked, twiddling my thumbs as I kept my gaze on her.

"Woah! Did you see that?" Kat shouted from the hall behind me.

"Dudeee, did you get that on camera?" Colby asked Sam.

"A piece of your hair just lifted up!" Sam exclaimed.

"Was that you, Peggy?" I asked.

"Yes." Came through the spirit box.

"Thank you so much for showing me that you're here with us." I paused for a moment, then turning my back to her as I looked at everyone else in the hall.

"Well, are you gonna come in?" I asked as the alarm Sam set went off. "Don't be shy, maybe Peggy would like some friends."

I stepped to the side and gave them enough room so they could all join me.

"Hello, Peggy." They all said as they entered the room.

I stood to the side and continued to twiddle my thumbs. To me, it's not something I picked up on much. But I had the tendency to do it when it came to reading what was going on in a room. Just like Zak, I wanted to sit back and observe.

Part of it didn't even feel like me. Part of it felt like an out of body experience where I stood there and watched my friends, but I wasn't as present with them as it would seem to be.

As long as I could see that they were okay and safe was all that mattered.

Protecting them was least my first choice, no matter the circumstances. If that wasn't obvious...

"Pretty sick, huh?" I heard Sam ask, which snapped me out of my trance.

"Huh? Oh, yeah." I said with a chuckle, trying to play it off and just agree with whatever was going on.

"Thank you for communicating with us." Kat said, still using her hands to keep her eyes shielded. She really wasn't comfortable making eye contact with Peggy, and quite honestly I couldn't blame her on that one.

The energy was strange in a way.

You could feel anger, sadness, the will to be free.

But she's so trapped.

I have to remind myself that what is inside of her is extremely powerful, and that she's behind the glass for a reason.

That didn't mean it still didn't hurt my heart sometimes.

There was something more to Peggy. Only mediums could pick up on that, but she has a way to send you that kind of message without truly giving herself away.

Nothing in a sort of obvious way, it was kind of like a mysterious footprint left behind. You would be lucky to figure out the true story. Well, that's if lucky is the word.

"You aren't safe here." I heard a girl whisper, which caused me to snap my neck in the direction it came from.

"Who said that?" I furrowed my brows in confusion. This was something that I couldn't see, and I didn't know how to react to that.

Especially here.

"Peggy doesn't like you." The voice stated in a song-song tone.

"She wouldn't be the first one here to feel that way." I said, heading to walk out of the room. But a cold breeze blew past me.

"Woah! Okay, I get it, you're here." I just about lost my footing it had caught me so off guard.

"Where is everyone else?" I asked. "Are my friends safe?"

"You should be worried about yourself, Sophia."

Suddenly everything went black.