Fourteen

"Okay, so there's only one real option inside of here. It's a formal store, but that's nice enough to get some sort of idea. You never know what you might come across." I said, looking at the directory to find the location of the shop.

"Looks like we have to backtrack a little bit, but that's not too bad." Colby added.

"To the dresses!" Kat exclaimed and skipped off in the direction we had to go.

She was honestly so adorable.

But Colby and I had a mission and that was to make sure our best friends got the wedding that they truly deserved.

Colby slipped his hand into mine and laced our fingers together as we walked behind a very excited Kat. I didn't realize this entire time with so many changes going on in the friend group that things weren't really progressing for the occasion, or else we would've been on top of this sooner. But better late than never.. am I right?

"There it is!" Kat said and ran into the store, which made Colby chuckle.

The fact she could function this well after a few drinks was impressive, but I think she was just too excited that she was on a full on adrenaline rush.

"Where is she even at?" Colby asked as we walked into the store.

It's not very hard to locate someone with two toned hair, but she had to be deep in some racks already.

"Well..." I trailed off for a second, looking around the store. "It looks light white dresses are towards the back, so let's hope for the best. We know she's in here somewhere at least."

"Kat?" Colby called out as we walked through the store.

"Guys! Guys! Come here!" Kat called out, which made us pick up our pace.

"I sure hope this is important." Colby said. glancing over at her from across the rack.

"I only found some of the prettiest dresses and I need to go try them on... like right now!" Kat said, holding up the dresses.

"She works fast, doesn't she?" I asked, looking over at Colby. "Go grab a room babe, well wait out here."

"Okay!" We watched as she ran off to the fitting rooms to ask someone to let her in.

Colby and I sat down on one of the couches and I nuzzled into his side.

"What if she ends up finding the dress here?" Colby asked.

"Well, that would certainly cross one thing off of or list." I replied.

"No, like.. Sam is here. How do you hide that? Cause it's gonna be around for the entire trip." He stated.

"We can take it and keep it in our luggage. Preferably yours, cause nobody would expect it to be there, and you also packed less than I did."

As we were talking we were interrupted by what sounded like the loudest squeal possible, and we knew it was none other than Katrina. She just about gave the employees in this store heart failure though.

Sorry...?

I jumped up from the couch and went back to the fitting rooms to see what was going on.

"Kat? Is everything okay?" I called out and watched as a fitting room door swung open.

"Get in here, right now!" She yelled out and I ran towards her fitting room and pulled the door shut.

My back was still turned to her, as I didn't want to look right away as soon as I came in.

"Can I look now?" I asked.

Kat grabbed my hand and turned me around herself.

She stood there in a full body length dress, white of course. It had lace on the chest along with sparkles on the lower half, and the back was cutout. It honestly looked like a dress that you would see a princess wearing, which made it even more fitting for her.

"Kat, oh my god! This looks like a fairytale come to life." I was pretty in awe of the dress, it looked absolutely gorgeous on her.

"Isn't it just so pretty?!" She spun around in a circle in front of the mirror, showing off every inch of the dress.

"How were the other ones?" I asked, simply curious for what she thought of them.

"I didn't even get that far, if I'm being honest. I loved this one the second I saw it on me and aged up." She laughed lightly. "I don't even want to bother with them. This is the dress that I want."

"Finding a wedding dress in Vegas? How fitting." I smiled over at her.

"Shall we change and go checkout then? We can get Colby to go find Sam to make sure he doesn't walk in on anything happening." 

Kat nodded her head, "sounds like plan to me."

I opened the door and closed it behind me, giving her the privacy to change out of her dress and back into her clothes. I walked back to the couch where Colby was scrolling on his phones nd he glanced up as I walked over to him.

"Well, what's the verdict in there?" He asked, shoving his phone into his pocket.

"She tried on one dress and loved it so much that she indeed said 'yes to the dress'!" I said, a smile forming on my lips.

"Let's go, we're making progress already!" He chuckled as he gave me a high five.

"Look at us being maid of honor and best man and knocking stuff out already. I think we just might be the greatest." I said teasingly with a flip of my hair.

"But." I stared, Colby interrupting. "But what?"

"I'm gonna need you to go find Sammy boy and make sure he's not around here while she checks out. He can't see anything before that bag is in my hands."

"Fair enough." He got up from the couch and placed a soft kiss to my cheek. "When I find him I'll shoot you a text so you guys can come meet up with us."

"Sounds like a plan, Brock. See you soon."

I watched as he left the store and turned on my heels as Kat approached me.

"Alright, let's buy my wedding dress!" She squealed with excitement yet again, and that was when the workers at the store realized who was behind the jump scare earlier.

"Find everything you were looking for?" The cashier asked as she rang the dress up.

"I did! Thank you for asking." She replied, pulling out her card to pay.

Step one of the wedding was complete, now the fun was really going to begin.