Fifteen

The dress was acquired, and the first real step to getting this wedding in motion was finally happening. Colby and I couldn't have been more excited for our friends, and sometimes it's okay to need help. Whatever gets the ball rolling... weddings can already be stressful enough, so we would do anything to help ease their minds. After all it was going to be their special day, something they should bask in, not worry about. They have so many people around them that can help and assist in any form possible, and I think this one little step was already bringing Kat some ease.

Sam on the other end? We'll see about that one.

We just needed to get him to stop stressing about money, how hard can that be?

Sam decided after being out for the afternoon that he wanted to go back to the hotel, so we all made out way back to the Paris hotel to relax for a little bit before we went out tonight. We couldn't do anything too crazy though, we had 8 am flight - which is disgusting by the way. I don't think any of us are really morning people but it is what it is. 

We'd be on a six hour flight, landing in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, then renting a car to get around our destinations. I'm not typically one to sleep on flights. Turbulence scares the absolute shit out of me, and as much as I love the experience of flying, it still makes me a little anxious sometimes. I'm lucky if I can even doze off sometimes...

Anyways, how would I be able to sleep?

Tomorrow night we would be at our first destination of our nine stop road trip. I was beyond ready to take the rest of the gang to the iconic Hill View Manor and tell them all about what Angelina and myself went through when we investigated there a few years ago. I've been dying to go back, and this was the perfect opportunity.

Including the much needed break we had over the last few months, I'm excited to get tapped back into my abilities and see what new things I can discover. 

Whatever happened at Zak's the night prior was just weird. It was so dark and I haven't experienced anything like that since I got put in the hospital after the Cecil investigation.

Truthfully, Hill View was the location where I really discovered my abilities as a sensitive. So this made me even more excited for our return. 

What would it be like this time around...?

"You good, babe?" Colby asked, pulling me from my writing.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just rambling to my journal is all." I wrote the date in the bottom and closed the book, closing the lock on the side.

I've learned the more I write out my thoughts, the less my head stops going a hundred miles a minute.

We decided since we had a few hours to kill we decided to lay down and take a nap.

When I woke up, Colby was still asleep, so I got up to go into the bathroom to work on my hair and makeup. We had about an hour until we were going to meet up for dinner, and obviously it doesn't take him as long as I do to get ready. Sometimes its the opposite though, so you never know.

He can be worse than women at points. Depends on the night or occasion I guess.

I put some music on my phone and set it on the counter and started to work on curling my hair. It generally takes me twenty minutes to get through it, but I get impatient everytime I do it. I love the results, but I'd rather be doing my makeup at the same time just to done.

Just as I was finishing my hair, I set the curler on the counter and turn it off.

"Hey, baby." Colby said in a sleepy voice as he stood behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing the side of my head. "How come you didn't wake me?"

"Sleepy head, you looked so peaceful and I didn't want to disturb you." He shrugged lightly. "Fair enough. I'm gonna start getting ready. Have you seen where I put my straightener?"

"I put it back into your toiletry bag." Colby let go of me and went over to his bag on the counter to grab his straightener and plug it in.

I unplugged my curling iron and decided to pull out my makeup and start on my look.

"Do you know where we're going to dinner?" I asked.

"Actually Sam text me that we we're going to the buffet at Caesar's. So it doesn't have to be anything too fancy." I nodded my head in response. "Copy that."

My makeup was pretty simple compared to how I do it sometimes. Eyeliner, a light shimmer for eyeshadow, lashes, and a rosy plumping gloss.

I put everything back into my makeup bag and went into the room to change while Colby finished his hair.

Going through my suitcase I grabbed a pair of black leather pants, a red crop top, and a black and white flannel.

"Hot damn, look at my girl." Colby exclaimed as he walked back into the room.

I shook my head and let out a giggle, "thank you, you goof."

"Let's see what I have to match m'lady tonight." Colby said as he went through his suitcase of clothes.

He pulled out his red and black plaid pants, a black button down, and his Gucci belt.

His shirt was half tucked in, the other side still out.

"Now look at my man." I said with a sly smirk.

Colby walked over to the full length mirror that was by the door to leave the room, putting on his black vans. I grabbed my red platforms and slipped into those.

"Yeah, we're hot." Colby chuckled and pulled his phone out of his pocket, and wrapped an arm around my waist. 

We did a few different poses and snapped a couple pictures of each other.

"Let's go eat."