Chapter 35

(A/N: SPICE AHEAD!!! It should be no surprise just thought I'd put the warning here. IF UNCOMFORTABLE WITH SMUT SKIPPPPPP!!!!)

~~~LOKI~~~~

Loki carefully placed the bowl in front of Nyx. The fragile china scraped against the hard surface as she pushed it towards him. 

He looked at her with so much awe and adoration behind his eyes. 

She was Loki Brekker, bastard of the barrel, queen of thieves, a demigoddess of death, yet for him... for those crystal blue eyes... She would fall on her knees for him. 

She was a monster, yet he looked at her as if he would do the same. 

She almost laughed he tried to eat agonizingly slow, to pay back the patience she had forced upon him with her slow cooking. But Loki was a very patient woman and could read anyone, a true gambler. 

So she watched him recognize the torment did not have the same effect on her and began widely devouring the food. 

He set the emptied bowl done with a clank.

It was like a punch to the gut, the bond solidifying. The tether between them felt more like an indestructible chain. She felt stronger, she felt whole, she felt him.

She felt his lust, his desire, his adoration, his love. 

He moved towards her with the grace of a high lord. Swift as a warrior, yet sweetly as a lover he pulled her to him and kissed her.

The kiss began slow and warm and kind. He casually backed her into a wall pushing his body flush against hers. 

The warmth began to grow into a fiery inferno as the kiss changed. It became desperate and hungry, a need that made Loki's head spin. She loved every second of it. 

His rough, battle-hardened hands slid under the loose fabric of her shirt grabbing her waist. A desire Loki had never before experienced spread through her like a raging wildfire as he pushed his body into hers. 

He broke the kiss only to trail down her jaw onto her neck. He towered over her, Loki had never realized how tall he was until he was leaning so far down to grab the back of her knees and hoist her up around his waist. 

She felt her back leave the wall though she was too consumed by the mind-boggling euphoria of his soft lips on her neck. 

Darkness danced around him as he too was in a state of separation from reality. 

They entered the darkness of the bedroom, and with a single thought, Nyx lit the candles. He would not be deprived of seeing every part of her or of seeing her unravel beneath him. 

He laid her down on the bed stopping for a moment just to look at her. She took the time to study him as well, "So fucking perfect." She whispered as she looked up at him. Chills through him at her foul language and the scent of his arousal permeated through the air as his soft look turned sharper, hungrier. 

He didn't bother struggling with the clasps of his Illyrian leathers. She watched the veins in his neck and hands pop as he leaned back and ripped a straight line through the leathers and threw it onto the floor. 

He leaned back down, grabbing the bottom of her shirt as well. But he stopped. He did nothing. Loki turned her eyes from his white knucks to his face in confusion, why had he stopped?

He was looking at her, the strain of holding back apparent, but his face held a look that was searching for... approval?

Consent.