Chapter 15

"Ladies and Gentleman, xxxx airlines welcome you to New York city. The local time is 10.37 am GMT. For your safety and the safety of those around you, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened and keep the aisles clear until we are parked at the gate."

I looked out of the window excitedly, I was landing in New York. I was really nervous but excited at the same time. My parents were really unhappy about me buying the apartment impulsively, but after convincing them, they let me move to New York.

I discussed with my company and they agreed to let me move there for awhile, at least until I was in the right mental state to return to the group.

I also bought contact lenses and a wig so I can start here as a new person, a new identity. After alighting the plane, I hailed a cab to my new apartment.

Over the next few months, I was busy setting up my apartment and figuring my way around and adapting into my new life here. I am so glad, the exces forced me to take english lessons when I was a trainee and with also Lily's help, I became fluent quickly. So language was not a issue.

I managed to get a job in a famous Cafe near my new house and my life has been pretty stable as a new person, Hayley and I would wear a wig and colored contacts whenever I work.

I miss my members a lot, there was a dance studio near the Cafe at and whenever I walked past it, it would give me the nostalgic feeling of practicing with them. Or whenever the washing machine beeps, I would find myself calling Haewon to help me take it out. These are the moments that make me miss them the most. We still chat online, but it is not the same as being with them.

I still have the love alarm app in my phone. I have not touched it since the day Minho and I were official, but since we were not together anymore, I just left it there. Although there are times were I would open it and hoping that it would ring.

As for Jungsu, I never contacted him after what happened. He tried to reach out through text and calls, but I never returned any of them. I just could not bring myself to talk to him at this point. But other then that, I have been healing steadily in my brand new life.

-

"Hey, Hayley your here!!" My co-worker Rachel said. "Yeah, what's up??" I said opening the staff locker and taking my apron out. "The new cake pop's you experimented were a huge hit!!" Rachel said as I pulled my hair into a tight pony tail, with my hair tie in my teeth.

"Good to know." I said tying my hair. "Also, did you see that boy who came in yesterday?? he was so cute." I rolled my eyes. Rachel was kind of boy crazy, but she was my friend so I usually just sit there and listen to her boy rants.

"I wish he would come again today." She sighed dreamily as we walked out to open the shop. I knocked her head. "Work first, boys later." She pouted but still grabbed a broom to start cleaning. It was only the two of us today so we need to be quick.

-

"One cake pop and one hot chocolate please." The girl said. I put her order down in the register and took the crumpled five dollar bills she gave me. "Oh my god, did you know that StrayKids is coming here soon, they were invited to Kcon!!" the girl squealed to her friend.

My heart skipped a beat, they are coming here?? The change from my hands slipped and bounced onto the counter with a loud clunk. The girls gave me a weird look as I muttered an apology and quickly scurried to pick up the fallen change.

"S-sorry." I said handing the change back to her. "What is wrong with her??" the girl whispered to her friend. They got their food and quickly walked to the seats at the back.

"You can go prepare the drinks, I'll cover the register." Rachel said, noticing my pale face. I shot her a grateful look and went to the back to prepare the orders.