chapter 19

"Pass??" the security guard asked me. I showed them my pass and they let me in backstage. After thinking over Chan's invitation over and over again, I decided to go and see my members for once. I decided to not wear my wig and contact lens and just go there with a mask and sunglasses. 

Walking to NMIXX's waiting room, my heart pounded against my chest uneasily, I looked around the hallways uneasily and when I saw the door with the sign NMIXX I took a deep breathe and opened the door. 

Everyone stopped to look at me, I saw the member's familiar faces through my sunglasses and Haewon spoke up. "Excuse me, but who are you??" I chuckled and said. "Who do you think I am??" And took off my mask and sunglasses. 

Everyone including the staff's eyes all widened. The members screamed and ran up to me and hugged me tightly. "Oh my god I can't believe your here!!" Kyujin screamed while hugging me. "What brings you here??" Jinsol said hugging me. 

"Long story..." I said thinking about Chan's invitation. "Are you here as Hayley or Hanuel??" Kyujin teased me. I rolled my eyes. "What do you think??" I said pointing at my hair. "Regardless, it's great to see you." Haewon said. 

The girls dragged me to a corner and sat me down, asking about my life in New York and how it was. " I want to see your apartment later!!" Kyujin said and I just chuckled and nodded. Chan was right, I needed to see them, I missed them so much. 

"One minute, I need to use the bathroom." I said standing up. Kyujin stood up too to follow me but I motioned her to sit down. "It's ok, I can find my way around." I said walking out of the door with my mask and sunglasses. 

Walking down the hallway, I walked past a guy wearing a hoodie and jeans, thinking it was staff, I lowered my head to avoid getting recognized and the guy suddenly grabbed me by the wrist. 

"Who are you??" He asked and to my shock, it was Jungsu. I tired to wriggle my hand out but he was much stronger then I was. 

"Please leave or I am calling the security." He said coldly. I rolled my eyes and said "Bitch, seriously?? You can't recognize me??" 

He softened his grip on my wrist as he leaned in to look at me. "Han-" "SHHHH" I whispered- shouted at him covering his mouth and dragging him to the nearest supply closet. 

Once I made sure the door was closed, I on the lights and took off my mask and glasses. "Yes." I said not making eye contact. "It's me..." 

He just stared at me in disbelief. "H-how??" I sighed. "I am currently living here." "I-in New York??" He asked. 

"No in space." I said sarcastically rolling my eyes. He opened his mouth to ask another question again but I held up a finger. 

"Let me just explain, then you ask the questions." I said. "So, after you know what happened" I saw his expression harden. "I was rushed into the hospital because I fainted due to an anxiety attack and afterwards I moved back with my parents, but I felt like I needed a get away, so I moved here." 

"Hanuel, about what happened-" he begin but he paused and took a deep breathe. "I actually-" suddenly, the door swung open. I scurried behind a row of stage costumes to have time to wear my mask and sunglasses. 

As I slipped on my mask, through the gaps of the costumes, I saw the shoes belonging to what looks like a male idol. 

"What are you doing here??" it was Chan. I moved back a little so he would not see me. "Uh...I-uh, had to take something." I saw him take a random scroll of ribbon from the box infront of the rack of costumes that i was hiding behind.

Chan gave him a weird look and left the place. I stepped out from behind there, took my phone out and checked the time. "Oh, I have to get back soon." I looked up at him. "I'll see you later I guess." 

"Wait." He said grabbing me by the wrist. I turned back to look at him. "Uhm Hanuel, You still owe me an answer..." 

I gave him a weird look. "For what??" He took a deep breathe and said." My confession from a year ago."

I flinched. "All this time, I have been waiting for an answer Hanuel, I still love you and I really want to stay by your side and take care of you." 

I took a deep breathe. "Jungsu...I always loved you too, but as a friend, your really just a really really good friend that I trust a lot, thank you but, there is no space in my heart for anyone else now. I'll see you later." 

I just left him standing there as I made my way back to the waiting rooms. 

-

Watching NMIXX perform was so fun, although I wish I could be on there with them, but it was still fun. 

Everglow performed as well. Yoorim standing in center position, rocking it. Over the year, she gained alot of fans and supporters.

"Good job guys!!" I heard Haewon yelling as she walked back into the waiting room. I stood up from the couch and smiled at them. "Great job guys." 

I helped them take group photos and even snapped a few with them as well, but I told them to not post it as I am still on hiatus. 

"You should comeback soon, we miss your dirty, noisy ass in the dorms." Haewon teased. "Believe it or not, I did my own laundry in the past year." I rolled my eyes and smiled. 

"Unnie, I left my scrunchie in the rest room, can you help me get it, I need to change." Jiwoo said. I nodded and left the waiting room. 

At the rest room, I found Jiwoo's scrunchie on the sink, surprised it's not stolen or lost and took off my mask to wash my mouth. 

Suddenly the cubicle door slammed open, I jumped in shock and turned around face to face with Yoorim. 

She widened her eyes and smiled sweetly at me. There was a hint of danger in that smile of hers, meaning that she was definitely up to no good. 

"My my, look who came home..." She smirked at me. Oh no, I did not have a good feeling about this. 

A/N: we finally got some spice this chapter...(still shitty but its fine-)