23

A few days later

Hope's POV:

A few stressful days later, I found Christopher in Jack's office with Jack and me as we discussed our next steps regarding Elena being Rick's biological daughter, which there was no doubt about.

"Well, he got the first hurdle he wanted," I sighed as I stared at the offending letter that had arrived a few days ago, telling me what I already knew, but now it was officially in black and white, and Rick knew.

"Yes, no doubt he is feeling quite smug," Christopher agreed.

"What are our next steps?"

"Well, thankfully, because you were married to Trisha, the ability to change Elena's birth certificate is out the window,"

"And custody?"

"Well, if this were a standard wolf we were dealing with, I would say yes, but Elena is the Head Alpha's heir, so there is a bit of obscurity here. Custody is legally yours as Elena's only living parent. However, Rick could fight for custody on the basis that the stability of the leadership role weighs heavily on Elena being around the current Head Alpha and learning the ropes from him,"

"I would rather hide away than ever allow Elena to live with that man,"

"I know, and as her legal parent, you are well within your rights to say this,"

"But?"

"But as I said, we are dealing with the Head Alpha."

"Does the fact that he raped Elena's biological mother and my wife hold no power?"

"Honestly? I don't know; as I said, this is a highly abnormal case, but I shall look into what can be done. I promise you; I will work day and night to ensure that your daughter never leaves this pack,"

"So what will happen?" Jack asked.

"I would bet that Rick will submit a request for custody, and since I know both parties will not agree, we will be going to court." I sighed at Christopher's answer and ran my shaky fingers through my hair. Jack laid his hand on my lap and gently squeezed my knee in reassurance. I let out a shaky breath.

"Will Elena have to be there?"

"I will request that she is not,"

"Thank you, my friend," Jack said to Christopher. Christopher nodded before gathering his briefcase and rising to his feet, which Jack and I copied. Christopher shook both our hands before leaving the pack house.

Jack came up behind me and started to knee my shoulders, which were so tense that the first few movements of his hands hurt, and I hissed, but then I began to relax, and the pain was replaced with bliss, which caused a moan to escape my parted lips.

Jack kissed up and down my neck as his hands left my shoulders, and one wrapped itself around my chest, just under my breasts, and his other hands started wandering south. It pulled the waistband of my shorts forward and continued its journey, eventually finding its destination...my pussy lips.

I groaned in bliss as Jack's fingers slowly ran up and down between my pussy lips, flicking at my clit with every stroke, and I could feel myself dampening. I moaned and rested my head against Jack's shoulder, allowing him further access to my neck and mark.

Jack lightly nipped and bit at my mark, causing electrical spikes to buzz through my body and settle in my aching pussy that was soaking my knickers. Jack's arm around my chest moved and cupped my breast over my top. He palmed and tweaked my braless breast through my top.