33

Hope's POV:

I got up and off the witness stand again, retaking my seat. I watched as Cassidy approached the witness stand, placed her hand on the law book and swore to tell the truth. She then took her seat in the witness box.

"Please state your name for the record," Christopher asked.

"Cassidy Franks, ex-mate of Head Alpha Rick Franks and ex-Head Luna," Cassidy stated calmly.

"You are the mother to Rick Franks' two other children?"

"Yes,"

"How long have you and Mr Franks been together?"

"For ten years, we met when we were teenagers and chose each other over our pre-destined mates when I turned 18," Cassidy said. She looked at Rick, who looked angry and hurt that she was up there.

"You turned 18 around the same time as Trisha David, right?"

"Yes, I turned 18 two weeks after her,"

"And your imprint bond cemented two years after you chose each other?"

"Yes,"

"Then came your son, Aster?"

"Yes,"

"When Mr Franks found out about Elena, what happened at home?"

"He changed. He was unhinged and enraged that Aster was not his heir. He wanted Elena,"

"Because she was his daughter?"

"No, because she is his heir,"

"That was the only reason Mr Franks wanted to be in Elena's life?"

"I begged him to leave Elena alone and focus on our children. I told him we had two children, and Aster could take over from him, but he wouldn't hear about it. He was a man possessed, and nothing could get through to him. He was single-minded, allowing me to break our imprint bond and walk away because he knew I could never accept Elena. He was happy for me and our children to walk away because he was only focused on Elena,"

"Why would you not accept Elena?"

"Because with the truth of her existence, the man I married changed, and the man I loved went," She looked so sad and hurt that the man Rick used to be was not the man he now was. He was unhinged and obsessed.

"So, do you think that if Rick were not Head Alpha, he would have pursued this as much as he has?"

"I think that if Rick were not Head Alpha, the courts would not indulge him as much as they have,"

"Thank you, Ms Franks, no further questions, your Honour," Christopher said, then sat back down. Mr. Adkins got up and went over to Cassidy.

"Ms Franks, you said you would not accept Elena; is that correct?"

"Yes,"

"Why is that?"

"Her existence had changed my husband. He became so unhinged and focused on her rather than our children,"

"So perhaps you would not accept her because of jealousy?"

"No,"

"Your husband was focusing on his firstborn and focusing on being in her life, which you didn't like because it took attention from you. You hated that you were not his true mate, so you did not want anything around that would remind him of her, isn't that correct?"

"I was his mate, and I left him. I would not have done that without being with him for attention. I wanted him to love our family and be happy with his family, but he was only happy with that stupid title,"