L A M P

Wait a minute why the fuck am I still glowing

I just stare at my glowing hands for awhile before sighing and putting them back under my cloak. Looking down at myself thankfully it's pretty dim so I hope I can coast off that and not attract too much attention. 

While I was busy being a dumb fuck and zoning out some bugs sprinted into the hot springs, almost knocking me over. I barely stepped out of their way as they quickly brought a few heavily injured bugs into the spring itself. 

Seemingly closing the more grievous wounds to a more manageable size and healing the smaller wounds almost completely, leaving small almost unnoticeable scars. Awkwardly watching for a moment I speedwalk past them onto the bench, sitting down to watch the commotion.

They continue about their business, too focused on bandaging the wounds to pay any mind to me. Eventually after everything calms down one of them notices me. I take that as my cue to ask what the hell happened, but I'm cut off pretty quickly.

"Why the fuck are you glowing."

Well that's pretty damn blunt but understandable.

"Why are you in the hot springs?"

I decided to answer their question with a question, hoping that it would distract them from me because I have no fucking clue how to explain.

"Got attacked by some infected bugs, nothing special. Now answer my question, why the hell are you glowing."

Well damn it. What the hell do I even say??? Oh yeah I died in another dimension and got brought here so now as a side effect I'm a living soul sponge and I glow when I've taken as much soul as possible???? Yeah, no. 

I mean I could say that I'm some sort of higher being, I mean I basically am now. Yeah that's the easiest explanation out of 'em. But a cult forming would be a  problem. After all I don't want trouble like that. But it's either that or an obvious lie.

"What, do gods not glow around here? That's odd."

They seemed a bit surprised but not extremely so. A few of the other bugs in the groups' heads turned at that statement, probably not expecting me to say that.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry for being blunt."

"Eh it's fine I don't care."

 After being stared at for awhile I got up and started to leave before remembering something. 

"Oh yeah do y'all know where I could find a place to stay?"

"Well- there's a pretty good inn about 2 villages over"

They wrote up a map and handed it to me. They were a LOT more friendly when I told them that. I guess no one wants to upset a god. After all I wouldn't either if I were them. I head out of the springs, looking at the map they wrote me. Looks like I'll be travelling a lot. 

And maybe it's not such a bad idea to be a god

(A/N HEY Y'ALL sorry for the short update, I'm just trying to get this out before I go to sleep for tonight. School is almost over for me so be patient because I have a very limited amount of time to finish chapters and it's hard to balance almost daily updates and having free rime. Have a good day y'all)