Whoops! all plot development (ver 2)

He sighed and got to his workshop, once he did he sat down and started his daily paperwork, he had the vessel go and train, he had to make a visit. After he was done with his paperwork-

-- POV back to normal--

As I head back home after fighting in the colosseum I zoned out at some point and zone back in when I bump into someone. Oh my fucking god can I just not run into some random bug for five seconds. I help them up and they hurry away, they seem busy.

I shrug and continue home, as soon as I get inside I get to making those scrap things, they've been flying off the fucking shelves recently. I pull a good amount of low value geo out along with the plain scraps.

The nobles go fucking crazy for those ones, taking them as some symbol of wealth as if they aren't supposed to be a means of protection. I make sure to take my sweet ass time, apparently soul is like linked to energy somehow here and it's a bit tiring to make too many at once. I'm already always tired enough as it is.

 I wipe the sweat that was collecting on my forehead and regret my decision to sit for so long as my ass feels like it just got clobbered by a fucking baseball bat. I put them all into my bag as per usual and get ready to go out to get groceries when there's a knock at my door.

--earlier that day in pale king's POV 3rd person--

When he saw that he had finished the pile of paperwork on his desk he took a moment before stretching. His root was right, he really did need to take breaks when doing these things it wasn't any good for his back. Most of it was pointless drama between nobles fighting over titles so it didn't take long.

 Before he goes off to visit the strange 'god' he decides to think over the last 'visit' (which was really more him barging into their home but that isn't particularly relevant.), He's been thinking about the implications of what they had said.

'And before you mention your pet project the truth is it's not pure and you know it. It would last a few years and then your kingdom would slowly but surely fall to ruins.' What was that even supposed to mean? And how did they know about the vessel when he hadn't released it to the public yet?

And they said it wasn't pure, he knew he had seen moments where it had behaved as a sentient bug would but he had dismissed as him seeing something that wasn't there. Perhaps.. no he would not believe the ramblings of some lunatic who believes themself to be a god.

And if what his root had claimed was correct then the reason for the drop in infected bugs in the city of tears was due to them relocating. His wife had mentioned the area they were believed to live in but he had to be sure.

--timeskip--

He was content with his decision to send out a few retainers. After all it would be unsightly for a king to go knocking on doors, or follow some random bug. He would hope it was fairly easy for the retainers to spot them, given their height and the fact that they glow but only sometimes? There are weirder things about the bug besides that though.