Hollow my beloved (ver 2)

!!!DISCLAIMER SEPERATED FROM A/N SO PEOPLE ACTUALLY READ IT, IN THIS FIC HOLLOW AND THE INSERT ARE LIKE THE SAME MENTAL AGE (hollow is just REALLY sheltered since they're the fuckin' hollow knight  and all that) AND THEY ARE BOTH MINORS IN THIS FIC SO NO NSFW HERE WHATSOEVER!!!

"Pardon."

I mean I was wondering how I was gonna spread the miracle scrap bs, this is probably the most efficient way. Also it'll make it more likely for bugs to believe it and make it so I can spend more time on the actual soul fuckery.

"Well, your "miracle scraps" can prevent the infection right? And I want to get rid of the infection, so it only makes sense that I have you work for me in order to distribute them, correct?" He paused and I was about to say something before he continued.

 In order for you to be able to spread them across the kingdom you would need bugs delivering them. And in exchange for housing, food, and protection from harm, you make a quota of the scraps daily. Specifics can be negotiated." I literally JUST bought this house like a month ago, could he have mentioned this before I spent all that geo. 

But free food sounds nice, and it would be cool to be considered the savior of hallownest or something since I would be y'know, protecting everyone from the infection. I better get credit for that or I'm fucking rioting.

I mean it doesn't seem to work on pre-infected bugs because it's made to protect bugs, the most it would do is maybe cut them off from the mind control hive mind bs but they would still be practically braindead. I mean not like I'm going anywhere anytime soon, might as well try this for awhile.

"I'll make a deal with you, I'll try for about a week and if I decide to stay then I stay. Before you argue, you're lucky you're getting this considering I know what you've done, like who decides "hey I know the solution to my problem, mass infanticide" seriously what the fuck." I stand up and lean forward while gesturing aggressively during the last part. I honestly didn't mean to be that intimidating but apparently I made him nervous. I sit back down and lean back.

"Aren't you forgetting something- or rather someone?" I gesture to hollow and I see them tense up a bit, poor thing. They're a bit above my shoulder if you don't include the horns so I don't have to look down to look them in the eye, I look back to the king before speaking.

"Have there ever been instances where they did something that wasn't necessarily in a command you gave them? Did they ever try just a bit harder if they knew you were there? Did you ever see something in them that you dismissed as seeing things that weren't there or you projecting onto them?" I saw them force themself into a neutral position.

I felt bad for them but this is necessary. If I don't do this there could be serious problems later. I also saw the king get more agitated with every sentence. He wasn't saying anything though, he seemed like he was processing what I was saying.

"Hey you, hollow knight, can I call you hollow?" They turned to face me when I acknowledged them and nodded. I guess night light man over here taught them to respond to simple questions.

"C'mon I'm getting you a snack, all of this must be so stressful for you, I really am sorry." I brought them to my 'kitchen' which is really just some counter space and a pantry and pulled out some fruits. The king had sat down in one of my chairs at some point and seems to be having some sort of crisis.

"Wait how do you eat- do you have a mouth orrr-" they held the fruit up to the bottom of their mask and what can be best described as an eldritch abomination of way too many teeth and- I decide to not question the amount of tongue void tentacle things for my sanity. 

After they finished eating I sat them down at my table and we both waited for lamp guy over here to be done questioning his life choices. For a second I wondered what I should give to hollow as a sort of please don't like cry about this later present before I got an idea.

I grabbed some of my extra food and focused on making a basket, after a few seconds a basket just big enough to hold the food appeared in my hands and I wrapped it with a piece of spider silk so that it wouldn't get wet.

I slipped a note into there with some words of encouragement and a small doodle of me giving a thumbs up (luckily that still meant the same thing as it did from before I died here, I checked)  and put it in front of them.

"It's for you, to eat I mean. Just don't eat the basket or stiff like that. Again, you deserve it." I sat next to them and patted their head. They always were my favorite.  Mostly out of pity but there was probably a factor of queer in there, curse autism for making it so that I can't tell between platonic and romantic.

 Don't get me wrong I love ghost and all they're great but like- Unrealistic crushing expectations from parents? I can relate to that. Plus they seem like they've been through a lot. I slide a pastry over to them and gesture for them to take it. (I'm totally not pampering them I have know idea what you're talking about)

gayass

fuck you

I sit and ask hollow a few simple yes or no questions to pass the time , after about 15 minutes the pale king was done with his crisis for now so I sent them both off after confirming when I'd be there for the trial week. 

After checking that they were gone I flopped on my bed and passed the fuck out.

(A/N if you haven't caught on I am a homo for the hollow knight. Honestly I started out with non romantic intentions [and I plan to mark anything that may come off as romantic for aromantic spectrum people who are uncomfortable w/ it] but y'all will have to deal with my queer ass)

(A/N VER 2 I'm gonna be honest you probably won't be able to read this without any romantic undertones and I won't be providing a changed version bc I don't have the energy, sorry. Also I tried to make the chapter a bit more realistic reacton wise)