james

Somehow, this year i've been waking up excited.

Which is different than usual, by this time around, I would've already missed a few of my morning classes from sleeping in but recently, I've had the urge to go to my classes, especially the first three. Care for Magical Creatures was a dreaded class that I added to my curriculum, none of the boys were in that class, only a few Hufflepuffs along with Frank, Alice and Scarlett.

Which is why I was eating breakfast with Remus on a Monday, early morning. Peter and Sirius were lazy fucks and threw pillows at us when we told them to wake up, grunting and mumbling that they were going to show up later.

"Where'd you go after detention on Friday? You came back late." Remus asked, biting his treacle tart.

"Minnie actually cancelled detention, Scarlett forgot to tell me" I simply said, remembering Mcgonagalls confusion. I genuinely thought that she had been confunded, but she wasn't. The only explanation I really got was a vague 'Scarlett will tell you - I'm not going to repeat myself twice'

"Sooo, where were you then?"

"Went to smoke a spliff, got hungry and had a bite in the kitchens" I curtly said, not wanting to tell him about my interaction with Scarlett, it felt nice keeping that private between us. It felt intimate yet vague at the same time, I wanted to ask her so much more, but couldn't, my brain too high to ask any real questions.

Scarlett was fascinating to me each time I spoke to her. Even though some would classify it as small talk, it was more to me than that. I had found out she was brilliant in potions, despite going against the book and everything Slughorn would say. Scarlett had a sharp tongue too that went well with her silent confidence. She didn't have to say it or do anything - you just felt it.

I knew she loved oranges, she would always sneak them in her sleeve and quietly eat them when Slughorn was facing the board. She would often offer me one and I would gratefully accept it.

The thought of sparking a conversation with her randomly had crossed my mind, several times. However, the Gryffindor courage never came. I only truly spoke to her in class or in group settings - except for the first day and that night in the kitchens.

"You can lie to the others, but not me" Remus casually said, knowing that he was right.

I sighed and looked around to see how close Scarlett was. She was actually sitting at the Ravenclaw table with Dorcas and...the Prewitt twins. She noticed me staring at her and looked back, making me panic silently, but she only smiled and waved her hand slightly, I awkwardly smiled back, returning the small wave, quickly looking back at Remus.

"You little stag!" Remus gasped as he turned around to see who I was waving at.

"Shut up!" I whispered, giving him a small kick under the table as he let out a small laugh. "She happened to come into the kitchens that night and we...talked"

"Talked? Just lips moving but not on each other?!" Remus whispered-shouted.

"Yeah" I shrugged, feeling my cheeks get red as I remembered her robe opening and exposing her body. She had worn a baby pink night slip that was laced near her chest, slightly exposing it. I felt a bit of guilt for remembering that image of her because I knew it was accidental and I wasn't meant to see it, but it was impossible to get it out of my head.

What made matters worse was that I made her wait outside for 7 minutes to calm my boner down. It happened unexpectedly and I was embarrassed. However, she acted like she didn't notice and saved me the tension. Instead, she told me about seeing Snapes butt crack in the library, which made the mood lighter.