scarlett

"Those bitches!" I heard Marlene shriek, making my eyes open quickly from my sleep. "They didn't wake us up!"

I groggily got up from my bed, squinting my eyes at the sunlight peaking through and looking at her confused.

"We have 15 minutes to get ready and eat or else Mcgonagall will eat us alive"

"Is she the hot teacher that turns into a cat?" I mumbled, putting my slippers on and stretching.

"Hot? Actually, she kind of is" Marlene said, stopping her from looking through her luggage. "Why am I listening to you? Get ready!"

"Alright, alright"

I did my morning routine rather slowly, not caring if I was late - I am new after all. I told Marlene she could leave without me, telling her i'll be fine on my own.

I wasn't shocked that the other girls didn't wake us up, they were a bit off putting when I introduced myself. Alice seemed like she was going to be nice but was very cold towards me and Mary, well, I don't even think she knew I was new. Marlene told me they were Lily's best friend's and that might be why I got the cold shoulder.

After about 20 minutes, I started to rush and got annoyed by the stupid tie that was not cooperating.

I ran downstairs still trying to figure out how to tie a tie when I ran into something, or rather someone.

"Sorry!" I shrieked, looking up to see James Potter. I realized last night that maybe I was a bit too harsh yesterday, Marlene did advise me that James was quite a bimbo but that he usually never means harm except if you're a Slytherin or specifically, Severus Snape.

"No, i'm sorry!" He nervously replied, looking down at me. "Uhm, you need help?"

"Mentally or physically?"

"With your tie, I mean"

"Oh, yeah" I blushed, looking at down at his shoes as he carefully grabbed the two ends of the tie and swiftly tied it for me in a matter of seconds yet it seemed like forever. His hands slightly grazing over the top of my chest every so often when he made a loop, my breath hitching noticing how close we were as I smelt his musky perfume that wasn't overpowering. "Thank you"

"Hopefully this makes us even" He nervously smiled, running a hand through his messy hair and taking a slight step back, making me slightly miss his scent. He looked like he had just woken up, his shirt was untucked, his tie was lazily done, unlike how he tied mine, and his glasses were crooked.

"We'll see" I shrugged, giving him a teasing smile that quickly dropped. "Fuck, I forgot i'm late"

Realization kicked in and I ran past him, tripping on my own feet but catching myself before I fully fell.

"So am I!" He yelled, running behind me and catching up to me as we walked out the common room and into the corridor at a quick pace. "Do you know where to go?"

"No, I was just going to enter random classrooms until I got the right one" I said as we walked down the corridor.

"What's your first class?"

"Transfiguration"

"Okay, then we're going the wrong way" He chuckled, slowing his steps down. "Transfiguration is back there"

"Well, what's your first class?" I said, stopping in my tracks.

"Transfiguration"

"So you were walking the same direction as me, without knowing what class I had, knowing your class was the opposite way?"