scarlett

"First kiss?" Marlene asked as she took a bite of her licorice wand.

We were all sitting in our compartment on the train, the beautiful landscapes passing by us as we exchanged different stories about our life - from family adventures to past lovers to favorite movies and even favorite foods.

"I've already had mine, but if you wanna kiss me just do it" I joked, opening a chocolate frog, hoping it won't hop out and go off before I eat it.

"Oh please, It's more likely for you to beg me to kiss you"

"And who's going to kiss me?" Dorcas questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

"Maybe Filch will" Marlene giggled as Dorcas rolled her eyes. "He's Hogwarts Caretaker and quite a sore for eyes" During these few hours with these girls, I had grown to like them. They were kind and authentically themselves. I felt a bit lucky to have stumbled upon them. "But seriously, what was your first kiss like?"

"I was 14 and it was my brother's best friend who came to visit the States for the winter break"

"Wait." Dorcas said, with wide eyes as she grabbed Marlene's forearm.

"Merlin, Woman I hope you don't grab Michaels dick like th-"

"The girl Amos cheated on Lily with"

"Huh?" I exclaimed, alarmed at what I was hearing. "Who is Lily?"

"Oh, fuck" Marlene said, letting out a stifling laugh.

"What do you mean 'Oh fuck'?" I asked, concern on my face. "I was the other woman?!"

"Tell us the story first" Dorcas said, shushing Marlene to hear me clearly.

"I was 14, he was 15. Xavier comes back from Hogwarts and I come back from Ilvermorny, A few days after christmas he says 'My friends from Hogwarts are coming here for a few days until we go back" So I naturally freak out because as an American, I know foreign people are just so attracti-"

"Clearly" Marlene and Dorcas said, gesturing at themselves.

"Anyway, Amos and Thomas, which i'm sure you know, came over and during the time they were there Amos and I got close, but not too close, he never mentioned a girlfriend, new year's came around and he sorta kissed me, outta no where when the clock hit 12" I said, shrugging, remembering that it was one of the best New years, not because of the kiss, but because it was probably the last New years that Xavier and I spent together before he officially moved to our grandpa's manor and eventually went missing.

"Okay, well that little situation that happened overseas was brought over here and Amos girlfriend at the time and now, Lily, heard about it" Dorcas explained, taking a deep breath.

"But, how?"

"Your brother sorta almost beat the shit out of Amos"

"What?"

"Hello, Ladies" A voice interrupted from small sliding door. He was quite tall with brown bushy hair, he had a strong jaw and he was so handsome to the point where his scars on his face weren't the most noticeable part of him. "Are you the new girl?"

My mother always told me I was special, so special that one day i'll be able to tell clearly who is fooling me and who is not. She told me our blood was special and that we were connected to the earth and magic more than most.

She also told me that it was a dangerous thing to be born with. My mother knew that I was going to be a bit different than my past ancestors. All that power channeled to my hands - leading them to be covered by gloves.

I took my right glove off and extended it towards him. "Indeed, I am, but I prefer to be called Scarlett"

"Nice to meet you, Scarlett" He smiled, taking my hand and slightly shaking it. Instantly, I knew he was a werewolf. "I'm Remus"