Cute Interruption

Batman glared at his batcomputer as Wonder Woman made suggestions on improving the tech at the watchtower. The League was having a virtual meeting as the Hall of Justice was under maintenance.

"Mr. Wayne was kind enough to provide us with such a huge amount of money" Wonder woman stated. Batman rolled his eyes under the cowl. It's fun and a little embarrassing to hear everyone talk about him, not knowing who he really was.

"Yeah, the guy was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. I heard he spend most of his money on charity" Flash commented. Bruce was getting a little bored.

"So, any suggestions on making some improvements?"

"Oh, we'd set up a kitchen" The Flash said almost immediately after Wonder woman asked and everyone, except Batman, chuckled. "Yes. Because you are a speedster" Green Lantern said, making quotation marks in the air with his fingers.

"Batman, you have been unusually quiet throughout the meeting. Would you like to make some suggestions?" Wonder woman asked expectantly.

"Hn. No"

Bruce glared at the screen. Then he heard a little voice, "Bruce?" He turned his head and saw one of his little boys standing at the staircase leading upto the manor. Bruce rose from his chair, leaving the whole league confused.

"Batman, where are you going? We are not done yet!" The league yelled in unision. Batman pretended not to hear. He went near the little boy and kneeled down to his height. "Hey, what's wrong, Timmy?" He asked concerned. "I can't sleep" Tim said rubbing one of his eyes. "Uh-huh. Let's see what we can do about that. But before that, I gotta tell my friends good night" Bruce said with a smile and the boy chuckled. He lifted the boy up and draped him in his cape, completely covering him. Tim snuggled into Bruce's chest as he walked over to the batcomputer.

"Ha! There you are! You can't just disappear during a meeti--"

"You might have to continue without me. Something came up" Batman growled and the Leaguers' annoyed faces filled with concern.

"Everything alright, bats?" Flash asked with his hands mid-air, holding a slice of pizza.

"Yeah, everything is good" This time, the growl made little Tim shift inside the cape.

"Uh... Batman, there's something moving inside your cape" Superman was fast enough to notice, though the movement didn't last long.

"Hn. Batman out" It came out as a much softer voice. But it still was a growl.

With that, Batman shut his computers and started to go upstairs, cradling a sleeping Tim in his arms.

___________________________________

Vote and comment if u like this!
🙂❤️