Chapter Thirty-Four

Taylor searched within herself, found everything inside that felt divine and full of intensity, and gathered it all into a large figurative ball in her mind. She held her palms out, her eyes fixed on all of the doors within the room that led to other parts of the house. She unleashed all that she had collected in one swift motion, her eyes and palms illuminating in an amazing display of blue within a split second. Every door in view flew off its hinges. As Taylor's eyes and hands returned to normal, she heard sounds of clunking above her head. Sarai, Samuel, and Taylor all looked at the ceiling, as one by one, they listened to the doors on other floors come tumbling down.

Sarai and Samuel shifted their heads back down and looked directly at Taylor.

"Why?" Sarai asked Taylor.

"Because I never got a tour. I've only ever seen this room of this big ass house."

"The rest of this house is in ruins, Taylor. We haven't ventured out much farther than this front room," Sarai told her.

"I guess I could have just asked. But you told me to do whatever I wanted."

"Would you kindly put all of the doors back on their hinges?" Sarai asked her, appearing annoyed.

Taylor mobilized all of her power once again and commanded it to pull the doors back to their positions in each of the doorways as they had been before. In unison, as the light emerged from Taylor's eyes and palms, the doors were raised and reattached to their frames.

"Thank you," Sarai told her. "Why don't we take you somewhere where you have a bit more variety?"

"OK, where would that be?"

"Let's go outside to the yard. There's much more you can use and manipulate," Sarai said.

Taylor followed Sarai out through the front door and down the steps into the yard. Samuel came outside behind them, Taylor noticed. He must have wanted to see what Taylor could and would do, she thought.

Taylor looked around the dark yard, yearning for some kind of inspiration as to what she could do that would convince both herself and Sarai that she had the power to do and accomplish much. The wind gently blew through the limbs of trees that had recently lost their foliage. Taylor decided at this point that she wanted to see what she could do with the tree. The moon was shining brightly on the yard around them, nearly full, allowing the three of them to see with more clarity.

Taylor put her power to work, pooling it together as she had before, and placed her attention on the leaves that blanketed the ground surrounding the bare tree. She gently rustled the leaves with her power, guiding them with her blue hands. She brought the leaves up from the ground and began assembling them on the tree in various places, as they had been before they had fallen to the ground. She attached the leaves to its many limbs, all the way up to the top of the large tree. The leaves were still dry and brown, having lost the flow of life once they had parted from the tree. She mustered up every drop of power she felt pulsating through her and thrust it to the leaves, beckoning the tree to accept them.

Slowly, each of the crumpled, broken leaves began to fill with color and unfold. They were green as they had been at the peak of the spring season. The tree was full and vibrant as Taylor steadily fed it as much of the power that she had.

"That's magnificent, Taylor," Sarai said next to her.

"Thanks," Taylor managed, still concentrating.

"Bear in mind that it will revert back to its true form when you are done since it is the fall season," Sarai told her.

"I can't keep it like this?" Taylor asked her, puzzled.

"No. You can do a great many things, Taylor, but you can't force something such as a tree out of its season."