5

Tws - subtle anxiety, dysphoria

°
°
°

[❦]

Still fidgeting nervously, Icarus impaintently tapped his foot while he leaned against the table.

Him and Tommy had been dropped off about 20 minutes earlier than the time the group had planned to meet up at a Café near the actual trampoline park itself.

Icarus had been fine with that for a small moment before their dad left and now he couldn't stop moving around in his seat, tapping out the song that had gotten stuck in his head.

It was a car seat headrest song, he had listened to it repeatedly whenever he couldn't sleep. Naturally, any acoustic or indie music would lull him to a calmness before a misplaced ad would stir him from peace again and he'd grumble in stubbornness to just get premium.

"Ic, you okay?"

Pulling himself from his thoughts, Icarus nodded and looked up at Tommy, who held a drink carrier in his hand. One of the workers stood behind him slightly with one more drink in their hands.

They looked sort of nervous as they set it down on the table lightly, pushing back fading purple hair and sent Icarus a smile before rushing off to go back to their job.

"They were cute"

"Who was?"

Jumping at the sudden voice, Icarus quickly recovers as Ranboo climbs over the back of the chair to sit in the one next to him, doing his best to cover a laugh as the older sends him a tired glared while the rest of the group files in around the table.

Tommy sits across from Icarus as Tubbo sits next to him and Harvey jokingly complains as he pulls a chair up to the end of the table, ignoring the other patrons that send him glares when the chair made a noise of protest against the ground.

"I got everyone hot chocolate, except for Icarus. He has a caffeine problem"

Icarus laughs while grabbing the iced coffee he knew was ordered for him.

"Thank you Toms, I'll remember how you fed my addiction when I get in rehab!"

He feels the harsh kick to his shin under the table and rolls their eyes, shoulder bumping up against Ranboo's. They shift around slightly and lean their head against him.

They smile when Ranboo doesn't shake him off, in fact he slumped down slightly in his seat to make the angle less strenuous on their neck.

"Take a picture and you're absolutely dead, Tubs."

"Aw, but what about my black mail?!"

"I'm sure you'll find some other time where I'm vulnerable, bee boy!"

As the table broke into laughter, Icarus couldn't stop himself from smiling.

He felt like a part of the group, not just the reluctant acceptance of include Tommy's brother.

He was Icarus, and he was wanted there. Not just because these were his brother's friends. Because these were his friends too.

[❦]

As promised, Icarus did in fact jump on Harvey.

It had been the moment the group got in the building and got the 'pysche ward' socks, Icarus shouting that he'd race the others as he ran up the ramp separating a couple areas.