8

tw : anxiety

Also prepare for long chapter ahead

[❦]

If it wasn't obvious by the grumpy reluctance in his movements as he finally pushed himself up to turn off his alarm; Icarus has never been and never will be a morning person.

For all of Icarus' previous knowledge of Ranboo's sleeping habits (aka the one sleepover he had with benchtrio), it seemed the taller boy was not the biggest fan of mornings either. And Icarus couldn't imagine the hard floor was anywhere near comfortable to sleep on.

So, when he woke up around 6:30am to the alarm he had set (inevitability the loud and consistent noise they knew annoyed him to no end) and heard Ranboo's groan along with his own, he made an offer.

"Get your ass up here, Ran. I know  that floor can not be comfortable."

Icarus' words were slightly jumbled together and hard to understand when it was raspy and full of sleep but Ranboo understood regardless and sleepily got off the floor.

Icarus scooted to the very edge of the bed that was pushed against the wall, pushing the comforter and extra blanket down so that Ranboo could get under the covers if he chose to do so.

Ranboo did just that, instantly turning toward Icarus with a tired smile gracing his face and his hair that was usually all over the place fell in front of his grey-blue eyes.

"Morning Ica."

Icarus only responds in a groan and burrying himself into his pillows.

Two thoughts run through his cloudy mind.

God his morning voice..

It was endearing. Everything about him seemed to be in those small moments. But it was always the tiniest bit soured by the lingering jealousy.

My morning voice is never going to be that deep.

No one will ever freak out to it or blush about it.

"Ica? Did you already fall asleep again?"

"...no but keep talking and I might"

Now it was Ranboo's turn to feel the warmth at the tips of his ears.

"W-what?"

There's an edge of nervousness to the question and if Icarus had not been worried about overstepping or scaring him off, he would have reached over and taken Ranboo's hands in his own.

"Your voice is nice. I feel like it could easily lull me back to slumber."

"Thanks?"

Icarus nods sleepily, not noticing that he's scooted closer to Ran. Their head was basically on his shoulder.

"Of course boob boy"

"You hang out with Tommy too much"

Icarus lifts his head up slightly to look Ranboo in the eyes.