9

a/n : small note! Icarus' private accounts for socials are now gonna be wax.meltwings and alts are waxwings

[❦]

For the rest of 2021, things were both weird and amazing for Icarus.

Their channel and twitch grew, matching his brother's numbers. Though if he was honest they couldn't tell if it was because of the increase of interactions with Ranboo they had or if it was genuine growth in their own.

However it was weird because of December in particular.

It was a normal night when things started to spin out of control.

Icarus was doing a late night stream (or as they called them, insomnia streams) a lower view count than usual. They were mining and building onto a base for Ranboo in the world he had for/with his best friends. Ran was in a discord call to keep them company and fill in the silences so chat wouldn't get too bored.

"-sonally think I'm immune to dying. I've almost cut my arm off when I was a kid and I'm still standing baby!"

Icarus started laughing at Ranboo's delayed stuttering and sounds of shock when they were suddenly interrupted by their phone lighting up and buzzing.

Confused, Icarus quickly glanced at it then looked to his chat.

Their eyes widened as they saw Angel spamming for them to stop the stream. Chat was growing concerned and in turn it was causing Icarus to get anxious. He muted his stream so neither him or Ranboo could be heard and put up a be back soon screen up before pushing away from his desk slightly and picking up his phone.

The notifications were all from Taylor and he could feel his heart slamming into his chest as his eyes scanned through the messages.

"Ica? You okay? You didn't suddenly fall asleep did you?"

"I-I'm fine! Just uhm. Angel's telling me to end stream and I'm not sure why. I just checked my phone and I got a concerning text message!"

"Concerning as in?"

"..my ex just showed up at my fucking house"

[❦]

"what do you want me to do hes my fucking cousin?!?!"

"I don't know Taylor! Maybe not invite my ex into our house!"

The two had began arguing as soon as Icarus ended his stream and turned around to see Taylor smiling happily with a familiar but definitely not friendly face.

"You two are aware I can hear you right?"

Icarus glared over at the dark haired male, who threw his hands up and smirked.

"I don't want to hear your bullshit, Jacob. And Taylor, you could have just had him visit when I'm not here! You know what he did to me and you still invited him here!"

The ginger rolled her eyes, still wanting to defend her cousin but knowing this wasn't her place to forgive what happened.

"Look, I'm sorry! He just showed up unannounced and you know how my parents feel about him."