Chapter 20

Warming: Self Harm

     Everyone stopped by to check on me, even Draco. But I didn't open the door. I acted like I wasn't there, because I wasn't. I was physically there, but I wasn't there mentally. I was drowning in a pool of my own thoughts and depression. I found my old razor blade, it still had dry blood on it. I had stopped cutting when after 4th year.

     I decided to use it again. It's nothing too harmful, maybe it would make me feel better. It sort of did. I rarely came out of my dorm, and when I did I would see Draco with Astoria. This lasted for about 2 weeks. I came out for class everyday, but I would go to my dorm during breaks or after school. I didn't eat, I only slept and cut. I got a knock on my dorm one day and when there was no answer to who it was, I opened it. It was Draco. I tried to slam it shut, but he stopped me. I was too weak to fight him. He opened my door and came in.

"Look Cam I'm so sorry f-" He said before I cut him off.

"I don't care about your apologies. I don't want to talk to you." I replied.

"I get that but I'm worried. You barely come out of your dorm and you don't eat. And-" He stopped.

     He looked at my arm with all the scars.

He grabbed my arm and asked. "What is this? Have you been cutting yourself Cam? I need to know if you are."

"What do you care, you're with Astoria now?" I stated.

"Can please, I still care for you. I need to know if you need help." He responded.

"Just get out." I whispered.

"B-" he said.

"GET OUT!" I yelled.

     He left my dorm and I broke down. I didn't wanna live with this depression, always lingering over me and stabbing me when I see him or think of him. I knew what I had to do.

     Later that night. I made sure no one was watching and I left my dorm. I walked to the astronomy tower and prepared myself to jump. I was staring down and crying when I heard someone. I guess I didn't check well enough to see if no one had watched me leave because I was followed. Just then I saw Draco come out of the shadows.

"Cam, please don't do this." He begged with tears in his eyes.

"Why, so I can live to see you and Astoria make me feel like shit everyday?" I questioned.

"Please Cam, I don't like Astoria. You're the only person that I have in my life. I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything I said that night. Please don't jump." Draco continued begging.

     I started looking down and I was about to jump.

"I LOVE YOU!" Draco blurted out.

"What?!" I asked.

"I love you Cam. I always have, ever since I met you at Diagon Alley that day. All those times I was mean to, I was mad that you didn't- don't care about about me the way I care about you. I know I screwed up. And I'm sorry. Please just give me another chance. I'll be better. I promise." Draco continued.

     I started to cry again and Draco came over and helped me back to where I was safe. We hugged for a long time.

"Draco, what did you mean when you said that I'm the only person you have in your life?" I asked.

"My family barely cares about me, I don't have that many friends and you're the only person that I have. There is nothing worth living for without you. If you would have jumped, I would have jumped with you." He answered.

"I love you." He continued.

"I love you too." I replied.

     Draco walked me back to my dorm. He wouldn't let go of me the whole way back.

"I wanna take things slow this time. I mean we should really get to know each other before we get in each other's pants." I claimed.

"You're right." He responded.