Chapter 8: Bare it all

"We loved with a love that was more than love." — Edgar Allan Poe

( Unedited )

Angelik's POV

My eyes fluttered open but squinted rapidly as the sunlight welcomed my dry and disoriented vision. The sunrays were like micro pins shooting into my orbs, leaving almost unbearable stinging sensations.

I winced simultaneously as a throbbing headache grew. Adding up to my unwelcome misery was the sweat that felt sticky and covered my whole body.

I felt like a melting glue was smeared all over me.

I felt so hot.

The scent of sweat, mixed earth with my favorite sweet-scented soap, and...I scrunched my nose unconsciously as I smelled Max's too-familiar spice and sandalwood scent cloying into my nose.

I pulled my hand, trying to massage my temple to ease the headache that felt like pins shooting into my brain, and my head snapped to my left side and found Max snoring softly in his deep sleep, realizing his hands restraining me, curled around me like a possessive snake bitch.

My eyes instantly swept over the gray and white room that screamed of the man lying next to me, and I frowned as realization dawned on me.

The fog that was clouding my brain, my vision finally disappeared, feeling seeing the room for the very first time.

I slept in Max's room.

And he's sleeping with me.

And the alcohol had positively drained all my wits, and seemingly my brain was processing things so slowly.

The minute I smelled Max's scent should have given away.

Did we?

I pulled my head up, and my eyes dropped to my body, covered in Max's shirt with my nude underwear on from last night.

I groaned, wincing as the pain in my head throbbed unbearably, dropping my head back on Max's shoulder (that I just realized too).

My mind drifted to what happened last night, and I couldn't recall anything after he hauled me to his car while I protested with all my drunken might.

Hazy fragments of memories from last night made me groan in disappointment.

All I could remember was that jealousy had made me childish, playing all these puerile games to annoy him.

Max's too manly scent assaulted my nose, and I shut my eyes, relishing the moment while he was innocently sleeping.

His strong arms wrapped around me made me sigh. I wished the time stop, and he'll sleep longer so I could take advantage of him.

I just wished I wasn't too drunk last night and would have enjoyed him if we ever did it.

I turned gingerly to face him.

My eyes raked his handsome face, the small scar line on his forehead hairline, that up until now, I was wondering where he got it.

His lashes were so thick and long, resting on his eyelids, fluttered visibly, and I hastily turned my head away before he caught me gawking at him like a lovestruck fool.

"Morning, drunken angel," he rasped, and I rolled my eyes, ignoring his hot breath tickling my neck as he nuzzled his nose against it.

"Why Am I in your room?" I asked, forcing out a disapproving tone, and he sighed, pulling his head away.

I reluctantly turned to face him again and willed my face to stay neutral.

"I guess you were too deep in your cups, you didn't remember vomiting all over me and your bed as I laid you down," he scrunched up his nose in disgust.