𖣘𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟿𖣘

𖣘𖣘𖣘𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍𖣘𖣘𖣘

"QUINN GET THE HELL UPPP!" I heard a shout before a pillow slapped against my face. "What the fuck." I groaned, sitting up. "Everyone's gonna come round, get ready." Steve told me before leaving the room. I sighed and got out of bed, dragging myself to the bathroom to get ready. Just as I walked out I heard the front door being answered. I went downstairs and said hi to everyone. I tried not to show the internal freak out I was experiencing as I said hi to Max.

My realisation last night had made me stay up until about one in the morning, Max was just constantly on my mind. The thought of acting normally around her now seemed stupid and impossible. "Let's go talk about that thing in your garage, Quinn. See ya Steve." Dustin said, turning to walk to the garage. I was about to follow when Steve caught me by my shoulder. "What's going on? Why are you guys having some like- secret meeting?" My older brother asked. "Erm-" I started.

"Don't worry about it Steve." Max said, grabbing my wrist and leading me away from him. Don't blush. Don't freak out. Don't blush. Don't freak out. Don't blush. Don't freak out. We reached the garage. Everyone was already sat down on the couches leaving two spaces for me and Max to sit next to each other. I took out the book and threw it to Dustin. He flipped through the pages, looking for something if interest.

"So we just going to pretend everything that happened yesterday...didn't happen?" Lucas broke the silence. "Yes." Everyone spoke at the same time. "Right okay, sorry." He apologised, glancing at Max.

"Right this looks interesting." Dustin spoke after a slight gap of silence. "Experimenting: We have been keeping any escaped creature or substance of the upside down here in our base. There have been no casualties as of far. All of the creatures are being kept in secure habitats and all substances are given a separate rooms, labelled accordingly. Updates on the situation will be added as soon as possible." Dustin read. We all shared shocked glances.

There was some sort of lab in that tunnel. "So there's more people that know about the upside down, and they're experimenting on it?" Will double checked, earning a nod of confirmation from Dustin. "Is there anything else helpful?" Mike questioned. "Helpful thing would be you shutting your mouth." I mumbled. "What was that?" Mike asked. I looked around. "Hm what?" I questioned. Mike just rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to Dustin. I heard Max laugh beside me, my heart skipped a beat. Why hadn't I noticed how cute her laugh was before?

"Oh here, it says new creature?" Dustin read. "Let me read that!" Mike reached out to grab the book and Dustin leaned away. "God Mike! could you not?" Max huffed. Mike opened his mouth to protest. "Let Dustin read, we know what happened last time you tried to get the book." Eleven spoke. Dustin waited for complete silence before he started reading.

"New creature: recently we were able to find a sort of portal to the upside down, we have secured it and are in the process of making it safer for anyone in the room. On one of the trips down there we had many panicked reports of a never seen before creature. As the unnamed people were asked to describe the creature they all say the same things. A large hound shaped creature, smelling of death and blood, able to be detected by the sound of skeletons and odd bones that make up its body."

We all went silent, looking at each other with shared shock and horror. What kind of creature was living down there? Made of bones and it smelt like death? It sounded like a horror creature from a movie or game. Though from what I've heard and seen recently it wasn't exactly out of the question. "Carry on reading!" Mike pushed. "Right um-" Dustin cleared his throat.

"So far we have sent a collection of 60 people to the upside down, though we have had to slow down and maybe eventually completely stop the visits due to the thinning amount of people returning. 45 people have either been reported as dead or have completely gone missing. We are in the process of questioning a survivor from the attack of this new creature." Dustin finished reading and looked up at the rest of us.

"So- it's a hound made of bones?" I said, half to myself. "You know what that sounds like guys?" Mike turned to Lucas, Dustin and Will. "Charnel Hound." They all spoke at the same time. "What the fuck is that?" Me and Max asked in sync. "Exactly what they described in the book. It goes around, killing people and adding their dead bodies onto its own." Will answered. Me and Max looked at each other in startled fear and shock.

"Maybe we should show Steve this book, get him caught up on things, if we ever have to face the hound...we won't be able to do it without his help." Dustin suggested. "Maybe we should wait a while first- I mean we've been down there twice and other than one Demogorgan they seem to have it all under control." I spoke up. "I know you'll probably get in trouble with Steve for going back to the tunnel but it's for the best. So we'll all be safer." Max said, nudging my shoulder.

"Alright fine. But if Steve beats my ass I'm blaming you guys." I said, standing up with the others and following them into the living room. "Oh hey guys!" Eddie Munson was sitting on the sofa, a smile on his face. "Eddie- hey...why are you here?" I questioned. "Just asking Steve for some advice, I have a date tomorrow night with this girl called Nadia! I want to make a good impression so I'm getting this handsome dude's tips on dating." Eddie explained.

"Righttt." I nodded, my thoughts begging Eddie hadn't told Steve where he and picked us all up from yesterday. "I'll get going though, see you guys around." The tall man smiled. He got up and started to walk past us. I grabbed his arm and he leaned down slightly to hear what I said. "You didn't tell him where we were yesterday right? It's just we weren't exactly supposed to be there." I whispered. "I had a feeling you weren't, don't worry kid I didn't tell him anything." Eddie smiled. He ruffled my hair before waving goodbye and leaving the house.

"You ready to tell him?" Max asked me quietly. I just nodded, a little stressed about what he would say. "What do you idiots want?" Steve sighed, getting up from the couch. "I'd sit down for this one, Steve." Dustin said. He frowned before sitting back down, a confused look crossing his features.