Chapter 9

~In Love With Someone Else~

Everyday once Steve finished school he would
Come over to Hoppers cabin and we would make out listen to music and I would help him revise even though I didn't know anything.
The Russians assumed I was dead Hopper still doesn't know I'm his daughter despite Steve nagging on about me telling him the truth and I had become friends with Nancy.
I was laying on Steve's chest whilst he was reading a text book when Hopper burst in.
"Hey get of eachother" he shouts and I jump up to the other side of the bed.
"This is the 8th time this week Nat if I catch you again Steve's not aloud to come over anymore" Hopper leaves the room.
"What that's not fair i should be aloud to see my boyfriend" I follow him out of the room.
"Well then stop getting so close" Hopper turns to look at me.
"He's my boyfriend!" I shout.
"And I don't want mini Steve Harrigtons running around my cabin!" My jaw drops in utter shock.
"Hop gross!" I shout walking back into my room slamming my door.
Steve was sitting on the edge of my bed.
"Mini Steve harrigtons?" He asks raising his eyebrows.
"Shut up" I push him onto the bed and flop down next to him.
"One of my friends is throwing a party tonight sort of like a graduation party and you know I wanna show you off so do you think you could come?" He asks.
"Steve I'm not like your ex's" I sigh.
"Of course not non of them are Russian assassins" he says.
"Exactly non of them are hiding in the middle of the woods pretending to be dead"
"Nat it's fine if you can't come" Steve says.
"Who said I didn't want to go?" I ask "Steve if I go we have to be careful and I'm going to have to sneak out"
"Ok I'll meet you at the edge of the woods at 6:00!" He says.
I stand up and open my wardrobe.
"I have 0 clue in what to wear though" I sit on Steve's lap as we stare into my closet.

An hour later Steve tells me the address of the party and the time we'll be leaving and he goes home.
"I'll meet you at 6:00" he kisses me on the cheek and walks into the woods.
I shut the door behind me and see El staring at me.
"Where are you going at 6:00?" She asks.
"None of your business" I respond.
"If you don't tell me I'll tell Hopper your going to Steve's house at night" was El really blackmailing me right now?
"You wouldn't dare!" I argue.
"Oh really? Hop!" She shouts.
I cover her mouth with my hand.
"Fine I'll tell you but you have to promise not to tell anyone" I hold up my pinky letting go of El's mouth.
"I promise" we interlock pinky's and I tell her all about the party.
"Do you know what your going to wear?" She asks.
"Not yet" I respond.
"I'll help you" she gets up off the sofa and walks into my room with me following behind.

"Are these Steve's?" El picks up a pair of glasses on my desk.
"Yeah he let me have them" I say.
El sits the glasses on my hair. "You should wear them they suit you"

After a while of sorting through my clothes I finally had an outfit Steve's glasses still remained on the top of my head.
I lean against a tree waiting but not a single car goes past.
It was 6:32 and I walk back to the cabin.
I spot my motorcycle under a tarp in the corner of my eye.
I pull of the tarp and cough at the dust coming of it.
I had stopped using it as to not alarm anyone but I fished my keys out of my pocket and got on the bike.
I rev it up a few times before riding out the forest avoiding trees and bushes.
I arrive at the address Steve told me.
"Nice bike!" A kid shouts at me.
I spot Billy smoking a cigarette watching me.
I walk in the house and a guy comes up to me with a lot of freckles.
"Tommy h" I say Steve had told me all about him and from what I heard he was a dickhead.
"Weed?" He asks me holding up weed rolled in paper.
I tilt my head.
"I'm Tommy" he says.
"Nat" I respond.
"We'll Nat now that we're acquaintances would you like to dance?" He asks.
"I really shouldn't" I respond.
"Shouldn't what? have fun come on" he grabs my arm and pulls me into the crowd.
He lights his weed and takes a hit before giving it to me.
I breathe in the chalky weed and let it fill my lungs before blowing it into the air.
I feel myself relax and start to ease up.
I still hadn't spotted Steve though.
"Woo" Tommy shouts.
"See princess this is the life" he shouts
Jumping up and down.
I take the weed back from him and bump into someone.
"Sorry" I shout over the music.
"Nat?" A voice says.
I turn around and see Steve standing there with Nancy.
I take a hit of the weed.
"The hell is this" he throws it out of my hand and steps on it.
I blow the smoke into Steve's face pissed off.
"The hell are you doing with Tommy H I told you he's bad news"
"Oh so this is your new chick I gotta say not to bad Harrington" Tommy shouts before going back to dancing.
"The hell are you doing with Nancy?" I ask.
"Can we speak somewhere more quiet?" Steve asks.
"Whatever" Steve grabs my arm and drags me into the bedroom.

"Your smoking weed now!?" He says.
"Yeah and I wouldn't of if you hadn't of left me on my own" I argue.
"Nancy needed a ride" Steve shouts.
My eyes widen.
"Your telling me you blew me off no phone call no nothing because Nancy Wheeler your Ex didn't have a ride" .
"I- yeah her parents had her car" Steve stutters.
"Could you not have called or come and pick me up before of after" I shout.
"All I can say is sorry" Steve says.
"Yeah but sorry doesn't cut it when you pick
Your ex over your girlfriend" I scream.
"Natalie your being ridiculous ok it's not like I kissed her it's not like I professed my undying love for her ok I drove her to a party" Steve argues.
"Yeah one that you were meant to drive me to" I shout.
"Natalie please don't shout" Steve sits on the bed.
"All I can do is shout cause otherwise you don't hear me when I say yeah I want to go to a party with you despite me jeopardising not only my life but my sisters life and the least you can do is drive me there but you can't even do that and I can't do this" I gesture between.
"You can't be with me?" Steve asks.
I take his glasses of my head.
"Not when I know your still in love with Nancy" I give him the glasses and walk out of the room.
But not only did I walk out the room I walked out on my first relationship I stand by the door debating whether I should storm back in there and tell him I was joking or drink my problems away with Tommy H.