Chapter 11 The Trust

The following day Lila was outside of the house with her grandma knitting a scarf for Lollie.

"Oh Lila you're doing so well," Grandma said.

"Hehe thanks Granny," Lila said while rubbing the back of her head.

"You know you should tell your friends about your little hobby and try to teach them how to knit if they want to learn," Grandma suggested.

"Oh um I don't know about that," Lila said nervously.

"Oh Lila don't tell me you're still paranoid about what your friends would say about this are you?" Grandma asked.

"I'm sorry it's just that after what happened at my old school I don't know what they'll say. Josh doesn't mind what hobbies I have as long as they're not harmful to me... well that and he's my twin brother," Lila explained.

"I understand but they are your friends and true friends never judge one another for their interests and your friends are indeed true friends," Grandma explained.

"Okay well I'll think about it hmm I'm gonna take a break and head into town for a bit," Lila said.

"Okay. Oh and bring your friends along as tomorrow you all will be going back into the city," Grandma reminded her.

"Okay Grandma, I'll go talk to them," Lila said then went inside the house.

When she got in there she saw Jake, Hannah, and Iris playing video games. Her brother was watching a movie with Erick sleeping right next to him and Jane was reading a horror novel. As for the animals, Paccia was sitting near the window, Umang was enjoying some dog food, while Apollo was sitting on the couch resting.

"Hey guys wanna go into town for a bit?" Lila asked.

"Sure sis, Mom said that I did have to walk Umang everyday if I wanna keep him," Josh explained.

The rest of the group agreed to go with her to the town as they were bored in the house.

"Hey Mom, Dad, Lollie, we're going out to the town for a bit, see you all later!" Lila called out.

"Okay but don't be too long considering the recent events happening over the past two days. I don't want you kids being out for too long!" Lollie exclaimed.

"Don't worry Lollie, we'll be careful," Iris said.

The group then went outside and headed to town to explore the place.

"Hey Lila, what were you doing out there with your grandma?" Jane asked.

"Oh Um, just enjoying the fresh air," Lila said.

Iris gave Lila a look and said, "Lila I know that face Light made it when he had a surprise for me or was embarrassed about something. So what were you doing?"

"I... was knitting with my grandma," Lil said, then put her head in her hand.

"Oh Lila, why are you embarrassed about it? And why did you lie?... Do you still have trust issues?" Iris asked.

"Kinda yeah, but you don't understand Iris. I got made fun of for liking anime back at my old school and when they found out I liked knitting it got worse," Lila explained.

"But Lila I'm your friend and so are the others. You can trust us to like you for you and not make fun of you. After all you tell Josh everything so why can't you do the same with us?" Iris asked.

"Because Iris you just don't get it and I tell Josh everything because he's my twin brother I shared everything with him even our mom's womb. But still I keep some secrets from him as well. I just don't want to experience that kind of pain again," Lila confided sadly.