Chapter 5 The Purple and White Squads

The following day half of the Squads were at the school race track for their PE class. They were sitting at the bleachers talking quietly about what had happened the other day.

"I can't believe this is happening to us. We're superheroes and we were on the news!" Josh exclaimed.

"We where?" Hannah said shocked.

"Yeah check it out," Lila said then pulled out her phone, it had the news on it and of course they were on it.

"Man, this news station. Thankfully they haven't caught us transforming otherwise we'll be in a lot of trouble," Hannah said.

"Yeah well crime hasn't been common in this city, not ever since that high speed police force got put in," Jake explained while leaning back into the bleacher behind him.

"Hmm this city isn't much different from the countryside. Few crimes, just bigger buildings." Hannah stated while leaning against the bleachers.

"LOOK OUT!" A voice screamed and Hannah shot up and saw a basketball flying towards her.

Hannah screamed as someone pulled her away and the basketball crashed right into the bleacher she was sitting on.

"HEY JACOB! BE CAREFUL! YOU COULD HAVE GIVEN HER A CONCUSSION OR BROKEN HER NOSE!" the person who grabbed Hannah screamed angerly.

A voice called out 'Sorry' and Hannah looked to see that it was Jane who grabbed her and she looked very angry.

"Hey Hannah you Ok?" Jane asked.

"Y-yeah Im Ok, thanks Jane" Hannah said a bit shaken as she almost got a concussion.

"Yo, Jane, how are you doing?" Josh asked.

"I'm doing alright. I'm just helping with the baseball team with practice and apparently keeping the basketball team from giving someone a concussion." Jane said the last part with a touch of annoyance and sarcasm.

"Well thanks Jane," Hannah said as she got out of Jane's grip.

When she turned around and looked at Jane fully, she noticed that she was wearing two white earrings. "Hey Jane, where did you get those earrings?" Hannah asked.

"Huh? These pretty little things? I got them from an old homeless woman who I gave my lunch to. Erick also got a watch from her after he gave her the money he was gonna use to buy tickets to a concert he wanted to go to. However, instead of the face there's a purple gem in it, strange." Jane said before walking off.

Hannah, Jake, Josh, and Lila were all bewildered by what Jane said, as again the homeless woman gave their friends jewelry after they showed kind deeds. "Ok this can't be a minor coincidence. The first time could've been, same as the second, however the third is suspicious, and now a fourth time! There's something fishy about that old homeless woman," Jake said with a firm look on his face.

"What if she's connected to that princess Iris that those goons are looking for?" Josh suggested.

"That's not a bad assumption, but we need to find her again before we come to any conclusions," Hannah explained, as she didn't want to inconvenience someone without a home with something that sounds insane.

"Ok but that's going to be hard, as I haven't seen her around the city ever since that first encounter with her." Lila said.

"Really?" Hannah asked.

"Yeah we tried looking for her on our way here and yesterday after school but nothing," Josh explained.

"Where could she be then?" Hannah asked, confused about this whole mystery.