Chapter 15 The Wisdom

The following day early in the morning, Erick was woken up by his phone playing a heavy metal song, so he groaned as he reached over to the stand and grabbed his phone and answered it.

"Ugh hello?" Erick asked tiredly.

"Cough Cough... Hey babe sorry to wake you up like this. I know you're not a morning person, but I need to tell you something," Erick Heard Jane's voice says from the other side. He noticed that her voice sounded kinda raspy so he was a bit concerned for her.

"Are you alright babe? You don't sound so good, " Erick said, making his worry known to her in his voice.

"Yeah well due to the changing seasons I caught a head cold and I puked earlier this morning so my mom suggested I stay home and rest up. So could you do me a favor and help out with the student council while I recover?" Jane asked.

"Sure babe I'd do anything for you," Erick said.

"Okay I'm gonna get some rest now and good luck at the elections today," Jane said.

"I'm sure everything will be fine babe, Love you," Erick said.

"Love you dear," Jane said, then hung up the phone.

Erick then looked at the time and saw that it was 7:30 am.

"Oh crap! I'm gonna be late! I need to get ready!" Erick exclaimed and rushed out of bed to start getting ready for the school day. When he was all dressed he rushed down stairs where he saw his mom cooking breakfast.

"Ugh! Mom, why didn't you wake me up!" Erick yelled.

"Sorry honey but you said that you wanted to sleep more, this is why you shouldn't play your music for so long through the night," Erick's mom explained.

"Ugh well there's now no time for me to enjoy some breakfast so, I'll just grab a bun and go," Erick said, which he did before running out of the house.

"Erick, wait you almost forgot your lunch!" Erick's mom called out to her son.

Erick then stopped in his tracks, ran right up to his mom, and grabbed his lunch box out of her hands.

"Thanks mom, I'll see you and dad after school," Erick said then ran to his school again.

When he got there he ran to his locker and grabbed the stuff he needed. As he was doing that he felt a paper ball hit the back on his head. When Erick turned around he saw Mark and his friends standing behind and laughing at him. Erick then reached down and grabbed the paper ball before opening up and getting angry as there was a racial slur written on the paper.

"HAHA! Oh man you actually read it. HA! Then again that's what I expect from your kind," Mark mocked rudely.

"Mark, shut your pie hole now!" Erick responded angrily.

"Oh what, you're going to hit me like the savage Mexican you are?" Mark taunted.

"No, but I will let some of the teachers know about this," Erick explained.

"Ha! You're such a snitch!" one of Mark's friends called out.

"Hph, well sorry if I tell the adults about things THEY NEED TO KNOW!" Erick yelled.

"Oh hey, Erick there you are!" a voice called out. Erick, Mark and his group looked to see Iris excitedly running up to them.

"Oh hey, Iris," Erick said.

"Oh what's this now, are you cheating on Jane? HA! Typical of a brute Mexican like you," Mark commented, making Erick even more furious.

"Um sir, Erick is just my friend and I have a significant other of my own. Also what do you mean by what you said?" Iris asked, confused.