Chapter 8 The Story

The next day at school Iris was sitting in their algebra class but she couldn't focus as she felt there were eyes on her. As her friends were all staring at her from their desks. She decided to write a note and pass it to them telling them where to meet her. Once she was done she handed it to Hannah and she read, "Meet me and Apollo in the courtyard at lunch. PS pass this to the others."

After Hannah read it she passed it onto her friends and they all read it. Once everyone read the note they agreed to meet Iris in the courtyard for lunch.

Later on at lunch in the school's courtyard, the Squads were sitting at a picnic table with their lunches, thankfully there weren't many other students around. The ones who were sitting there were at a different table on the other side of the courtyard. They waited for Iris to arrive as she hadn't shown up yet. After a few minutes Iris showed up with a basket in her hands.

"Hey Iris, you brought your own packed lunch?" Josh asked.

"Yeah some fruits from my world, here check this out," Iris said and pulled out a yellow fruit that had a smiley face on it.

"What's that?" Ed asked.

"I'd rather let you guys taste it first and see for yourself," Iris said then placed a finger on top of the fruit and with magic sliced it into nine equal pieces. She then handed them out to all her friends and began to eat her slice.

"Um, I'm a bit skeptical about this Iris. We don't even know you, so I don't know if I want to eat this fruit," Erick said.

"I'll try it and see what it tastes like," Josh said before taking a bite out for his slice of fruit.

Once the bite was in his mouth his face went into pure shock as he felt like his brain had just blown up.

"Bro, what is it? Is the fruit bad?!" Lila asked worryingly.

"No, it tastes just like CHOCOLATE!" Josh exclaimed before shoving the rest of the fruit into his mouth.

The others were shocked and they all took bites out of their fruits and each of them got a different flavor.

"What the, it tastes like my dad's agony wings. Which are insanely spicy so don't eat them unless you have a high spice tolerance!" Erick exclaimed.

"Um to me it tastes like fried chicken and this is fruit," Jake added.

"For me it's strawberry ice cream," Jenny included.

"Iris what's going on? What's with this fruit?" Hannah asked.

"Oh well it's a happy fruit. Picture this: you're sad and down and want to have your favorite kind of food but it's unhealthy and expensive. That's where this fruit comes in. It's easy to grow and it'll taste like whatever food you're craving but it'll be very healthy," Iris explained.

"So this fruit will taste like any food we crave? Awesome!" Josh exclaimed happily.

"Hey I'm just going to address the elephant in the room. Iris what's going on here, who are those shadow dudes and what do they want?" Jane asked.

Iris sighed and began to tell them what was happening and who the shadows were.

"They are people I used to care about. Samuel's real name is Smith and he's my uncle, Melaine's real name is Mary and she's my best friend, and Shade's real name is Light and he was my fiance," Iris explained sadly, almost crying when she mentioned Light as she loved him so much.

The Squads all remained silent as the shock came over them.

Iris continued on with her explanation saying, "My old home is known as the kingdom of Positivity. In my kingdom we were all happy and we took care of one of the most powerful and sacred treasures of all... The Rainbow Crystal Heart. It was the source of all colors and positive emotions in the whole multiverse and if it was ever destroyed all colors and positive emotions will disappear forever. I was next in line for the throne as I was the first born and the most powerful since I was born with the rare rainbow hair and even more rare Rainbow eyes."