Chapter 16

🐺 HADES PIERSON 🐺

I watched her fall back as one of the rogues attacked her from nowhere, I killed the rogue instantly in rage as I felt our connection break. I knew she was dead before she hit the ground.

I couldn't shift because of the poisoned wine I drank. Almost all of us couldn't shift. My wolf was distressed and I screamed in pain.

I just found my mate and she was just killed.  It was like it was only both of us present in the woods, I didn't care about the rampage taking place and if it wasn't for Luke, I would've happily welcomed any rogue killing me.

"Come on man, we would give her a proper funeral, the rogues are retreating now" Luke said shaking me from my hazed state. His voice was far away, I heard him but I couldn't understand him. Couldn't he see Maria dead?

"Look, Hades, I cannot relate to the pain you're feeling right now, but you've been in this spot for hours. Your pack needs their Alpha. Maria's family also need to say goodbye to her." Luke said. I just noticed the sun was about rising.

"Hades, you need to prepare to say goodbye"  Luke choked out his words trying his best to keep a calm state.
"Jesse is talking to the families of the victims right now".

The effects of whatever drug that was put in our drinks wore off and I felt my wolf howling in agony.
I swore to myself there and then to kill everyone involved in this, including John Black and the spy.

Blocking out the pain was the easiest way to cope with the loss of my mate and pack members.

The victims and the bereaved need an Alpha that would go through lengths to get justice, not a whiny Alpha.

I stood up and carried Maria's body, holding her protectively and walked towards the pack morgue. I don't know why and how I never noticed her. I remember she had these sleepy eyes with jet black straight hair and surprisingly soft features. She was a very quiet person. It's probably one of the reasons I never noticed her much.

I laid her down gently at the morgue and immediately, I walked towards the packhouse without looking back.

"What's the situation of things right now?" I asked Luke as we walked on.
"Is there a reason why the Red Rogues retreated all of a sudden?"

"Err, yes Alpha" Luke said quietly. I stopped walking immediately and faced him. Anytime Luke called me Alpha, it meant some serious was going on.

I looked at him as he passed me an envelope.

"I've been looking for Jade" Luke continued speaking quietly.
"I found Jeanine delirious with Lucas unconscious in the woods, not too far from where I found you"

This time, I shifted into my wolf unconsciously, I leaped into the woods to verify for myself as I was still in denial.
This couldn't be true, I vowed to protect Jade. This couldn't be true.

I can't believe our plans got foiled and the crazy leader of the Red Rogues took Jade for  whatever nasty plan he had going on.

My wolf was so frustrated that he howled after noting that her scent was nonexistent at the clearing where she was captured.

"Errr, Alpha".

"What is it Jesse?" I asked through the mindlink, exasperated.

"You might want to see this for yourself" He mindlinked, "John Black is here."

I didn't wait for an explanation and I ran off to the packhouse.
Immediately I got to the outskirts of the forest closest to the packhouse, I shifted and wore some clothes stashed in a hole in one of the trees.