2; YAY OR NAY?

ASMAU

You know that feeling? The feeling that makes you just feel like you're being watched? That was exactly what I felt. I quickly turned around but nobody was watching me. Nobody even noticed me as everybody buzzed with his or her activities. I shrugged and kept my phone back in my pocket trying to wheel myself back home just down the street because I know Ummah is close to bombarding my phone with calls telling me to come back home.

Ugh!

***

I was about to wheel myself into the compound of our house but I heard some one talk to me.

"Assalamu Alaikum."

I quickly turned around and my eyes fell on a Man probably 7 or 8 years Older than me. I didn't really check him out since it's none of my business, but I just detected his Age from his  face.

LMAO I'm now a detector!

"Waalikum Salam." I answered as I set my lips on a straight line. I saw him smile at me so I also faked a smile.

Yeah so I won't look mean, You can say that.

"Urhm, can I.. I mean know your name?" He asked.

Watcha Gonna do widit? I wanted so badly to ask this but I knew I should put a filter in my mouth because believe me this stupid blunt mouth of mine has caused me so much troubles.

I stared at him again before I faked a chortle, "I'm Asmau."

He grinned widely making me furrow my eye brows. Lafiya?

"And I'm Suhaib. Doctor Suhaib though."

Tell me you're a Doctor.

I just stared at him and I was close to asking him, Abeg oga who asked you? Because I honestly don't remember asking.

He smiled again, "But are you An African?"

Ah Ahn! No I'm a Japanese.
Nonsense!

"Do I look like Chinese?" I found myself asking with an annoyed tone.

"Oh yes." His smile went off. "Sorry."
He turned around to leave while I on the other hand, felt bad.

"Hey!" I Called making him turn immediately. "I'm from Nigeria." I said with a cold expression.

He then smiled but surprisingly a genuine smile took over my features. He then did something as if realisation dawned on him, "Can I help you?" He asked pointing my Wheelchair.

I really wanted that help but my pride didn't let me," No don't worry. I wheel myself over the slab almost everyday." And it was right. It's literally hard going over the slab but I do it myself and yet Ummah said I'm never independent.

Lol

He only nodded, "Okay Bye."

I watch his figure disappear before I shrugged going over the slab with much difficulty.

°°°°

SUHAIB

"DAMN! Wallahi ta hadu, she fyn." I said to Umar that sat on the counter with his legs dangling. "Thankfully now I know her name, Nationality and their house." I said as I was proud of myself for getting this little information. I also had to laugh at myself.

"And you're proud because you know this?" Umar asked watching me in Amusement

"Yeah like I know it's funny but half a bread is better than none. At least I can go their house whenever I want to see her." I wiped imaginary dust on my shoulder making Umar laugh at me.