7; HE WAS CONFUSED, SO I WAS

NAIMA

I secretly opened my eyes and I met a pair of eyes glaring at me.

"Tashi dalla!" My mother smacked me making me pout. This woman knows me too well for my liking. "I know you didn't faint. Congratulations, Rahma Sadau."

I rolled my eyes at her dramatic behaviour. How did she even know I feigned this fainting stuff?  I wanted to add more offence on Suhaib and I know I succeeded.

"What is the Matter with you Neemah? Ke idan biki tada rikichi ba ba kya jin dadi?."

"Can't you for once see what he did to me? How can he humiliate me like that? Is it my fault that his Father wants him to Marry me?" I paused and pouted as my mother poked holes with her eyes on my skin.

"Naji what he did is not Good. But that Ruckus you did isn't justifiable. And I know it that it was out of fraustration that Suhaib did that. Why would you punish him this way?"My Mother sighed while I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Just then, Umar walked into the Room.

"Well well well..."He paused clapping too "Congratulations! You earned the best Actress of the year. He sat on the bed close to my feet. How do this people know me too well?

"Sis, you fainted before Suhaib's hand reach your face." He tilted his lips to a smirk while My Mother sighed looking at me. I pouted while she shifted her gaze to Umar that immidiately found his shoes interesting to watch. He moved his gaze down knowing the accusing look she was giving him.

"Meyasa? Umar why?" Her voice held tiredness. "Why do the both of you have to give me trouble ko da yaushe?  You know Suhaib is not in love with your sister why do you have to lie to his Father and your Father? Me ze kara maka?" Umar gulped as he rose his head and immidiately his eyes met his Mother's, he gulped and shifted his gaze away.

"Oh My God! Neemah you're awake!" Suhaib's Mother said with relief as she walked into the room. Saving ya Umar from mother's accusing eyes.

She sat down close to my legs beside Ya Umar. He gave her a lip tight smile before he stood up and left the room

"Naima Dear," She started as her eyes held apology. "I know what Bobo did was wrong, And I'm apologizing on his behalf—" I was totally enjoying everything but my mother as usual interrupted my favourite moment

"Haba Yaya! You also believe this acting of hers? As if you don't know her?" My mother asked out of disbelief and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. My Aunty Only sighed staring at her sister.

If you don't know it  then know it now that My Mother and suhaib's Mother are also sisters just as our Fathers are brothers.

Suhaib's Mother sighed. "I know them all and I also know Suhaib. And can't you see, what he did isn't Good."

"Of course I know what Suhaib did isn't good, but you people are not supposed to punish him like this. Punish him but at least let him marry the girl he loves."

"Aminatu." suhaib's Mother began using my mother's real name. "Their Father decided that."

My mother took a long sigh before nodding. She stood up and left the room while I kept on pretending to be in pain as My Auntie Nursed me with all her heart.

****

Third person

Alhaji Jabir RL and his brother, Alhaji Abdul Malik RL sat as they discussed the recent matter at hand. A Taslim made them raise their heads to the source of the voice.

Hajia Aminatu Abdulmalik RL appeared as she adjusted her laffaya sit properly. She walked to one of the sofas in the large sitting room and sat down opposite her husband.