Cake

"Tommy seemed nice," Lily said as she sat on her couch next to Wilbur

"You haven't talked to him long enough," Wilbur said as he laid his head on her lap. This was a common thing for either one of them to do.

"Yeah he's a teenager he will be annoying," Lily said as she played with his hair. "Hmmm- I want to do something."

"What do you want to do this time?" Wilbur asked.

"I'm not sure. Do you want to go to the store and get some cake mix so we can make a cake?" Lily asked, looking down at Wilbur. "Wait, we can get the little tubes of frosting!" She tapped his forehead lightly. "Wilbur get up," He groaned. "Come on, it will be fun. You can pick a random candy to put on the cake"

"I don't wanna go out." He said as he closed his eyes. Lily poked his chest. He pushed her fingers away.

"Will please," She begged. He sighed, opening his eyes to look at her face.

"Okay fine," Lily cheered. Wilbur sat himself up and watched Lily run to put her shoes on. He got off the couch and walked over to his shoes putting them on. As he grabbed his phone and wallet from the coffee table Lily walked into the room ready to go. She grabbed his hand, dragging him out of the apartment.

Lily and Wilbur walked hand in hand as they walked towards the store. They weren't trying to be a couple. They both enjoyed the physical touch. Both of them never really talked about it before. They were just really comfortable around each other. As they went into the store both of them put on masks and went into the baking aisle.

"White frosting as the base and blue as the words on top," Lily said, grabbing the items. Wilbur was beside her looking at the candy. "What are you thinking?"

"M&Ms or gummy worms?" He said, thinking.. "I'm feeling M&Ms," He grabbed the shareable pack. They both walked to the self-checkout.

"I'm paying before you try to," She stated, pulling out her card. Wilbur slowly placed his wallet back into his pocket. He grabbed the bags as Lily was paying. When she was done they walked out of the store towards Lily's apartment.