Chapter Six

As soon as he landed, a look passed his face. "I, what, how...?" Lemongrass tried. "I didn't know my tail was-- Hello! Being a SeaWing, I have a very strong tail, and an ability to-- strong enough to do that! I'm a-- breath underwater, so I hit it and dove in to hide from the creepy-- LeafWing! I-- HiveWings."

"It's worse," Pyracantha said. "Doing something unique to his tribe made him more confused."

"Talk later Pyra. Where's the hospital? We've got to get Antennae there quick." She lay on the ground, out cold. 

Pyracantha crouched down. She carefully removed one of the thorns sticking into Antennae. Pyracantha must have experience because she didn't get scratched once. 

"Nightshade."

"What?" Pollen asked. 

"Nightshade. That's the thorn. This many..." she trailed off.

"This many? Will she be okay?" 

"...I don't know. I hope so, but... but nightshade takes a long time to heal."

Through the silence, she heard a voice. "Help!" 

Pyracantha and Pollen locked eyes. "Zamia!"

"I'll go," Pollen said. "You help her." She gestured to the SilkWing. 

Pollen ran through the forest, along the way seeing more trip wires. How did they get here? Pollen wondered. 

She let out a gasp. A HiveWing had Zamia pinned against a tree, their eyes blank white. Ginkgo was sprawled across a rock, some sort of plant attacking him. The HiveWing growled. "Where are they? Where are the rest of the LeafWings?"

Zamia snarled. "I told you, I won't give anything away!" 

Another HiveWing came into the clearing. "Termite?" He asked. "What are you--" His eyes flicked to blank. They both spoke at once. "Where are they, little LeafWing?" Their eyes fixed on Pollen. "Ah. The nasty hybrid shows up." 

Termite raised his tail towards Zamia. Pollen saw a little stinger on it. "How funny that would be," the HiveWings said together. "To have a LeafWing on Misbehavior's Way. A hybrid, too. Show the rebels what happens."  Misbehavior's Way... Larva had told her about that. It would not be good to display Zamia and Pollen there.

Pollen growled. Ginkgo cried as the plant nipped at him. Pollen sensed something with her antennae. 

A third HiveWing entered. He yanked at a rope, and a frozen HiveWing was pulled in, face bloodied. 

"Hybrid, you will find this quite surprising, I hope."

It was Mosquito. 

A\N

Okay, I know, I know, I know. This chapter is very short. But I found the perfect stopping point, you've gotta admit. Also, remember voting helps advertise my story and I'd really appreciate it. 🙂 

-FlameWing