03

"when is he coming back?" changbin whined, looking over to his mother.

it was currently the weekends and it was the one day where jisung had to work. usually it would be his mother who work most of the day while jisung stay at home, but today was the other way.

not that changbin hated it or anything, he was fine staying at home with his mother. after all, they barely have time together so it was a perfect opportunity. though as much as changbin didn't wanna admit, he also wished jisung was there.

the two have been very close and would spend almost everyday together, so it was natural for changbin to feel weird with the absence of the older. but what can he do? jisung also needed to work to provide for the family.

he can't just leave changbin's mother to do everything while he stays at home, it wouldn't be fair. especially since jisung has become a stepdad to changbin, he needed to take responsibility like everyone else.

"soon changbin." his mother reassured him with a smile, currently cooking dinner. 

and if it was on cue, the door to the house opened, revealing a tired jisung as he entered the house. "i'm home!" he smiled.

"welcome back honey," she lovingly smiled while walking over jisung, giving him a quick peck on the lips. changbin watched that happen and briefly looked away, not wanting to see it. "you've worked hard."

"you too," jisung smiled back. "thank you for working the hardest."

as changbin stood silently in the hallway, watching the two couple smooch and act all lovey-dovey, he was about to walk away seconds later when jisung's voice interrupted. "changbin." he called out with a warm-hearted smile. "i'm home, come and greet me." he chuckled.

only blinking slowly in response, changbin quietly followed. "i'll just be in the kitchen making us dinner, go and get yourself ready." she informed.

"of course sweetie." jisung smiled, watching as she walk away.

when changbin was finally standing in front of him, jisung shifted his full attention on him. "did you miss me?" he teased.

"shut up," changbin only muttered, shyly looking away. "i didn't miss you at all."

jisung saw this and laughed, reaching his massive hand to ruffle changbin's hair. "i've got something for you. but don't tell your mother." he quietly whispered.

this immediately brought changbin's attention to him, glittery eyes anticipating. as jisung searched through his bag, he then pulled out nothing but sweets and toys. "here, i know you love these." he smiled.

only shrieking in happiness, changbin immediately hugged jisung tightly. "oh my gosh, thank you so much!" he excitedly squealed, contented that jisung had bought them for him.

"of course, anything for you my baby." jisung widened his smile, feeling his chest warm up from the way changbin squeezed him tight. "quick. hide these, before she notices." he whispered.

"okay!" changbin beamed, immediately running off while hiding the sweets and toys away. jisung watched him skip away, smiling so hard at the fact that he was unable to resist his cuteness.