𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬: 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚅

𖣘 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚌𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝 𖣘

𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 𝐃𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 Athena woke up in the morning

It was the light. It was still the gray-green light of a cloudy day in the forest, but it was clearer somehow. She realized there was no fog veiling her window.

Athena jumped up to look outside, and then a small smile decorated her face.

A fine layer of snow covered the yard and whitened the road. All the rain from yesterday had frozen solid-coating the needles on the trees in fantastic, gorgeous patterns, and making the driveway a deadly ice slick.

Her dad had left for work before she got downstairs, it was only her mother and brother in the kitchen, eating breakfast.

"Good morning sweetie." her mother said smiling.

"Good morning mum, good morning Tommy," Athena said kissing their cheeks.

"Good morning Attie. It snowed!" Her brother said smiling.

"Indeed..." his sister said, pouring milk over her cereal.

"Wear clothes that'll keep you warm, Okay?"

"I will..."

The breakfast went smoothly as always. After Athena was done eating, she went upstairs. First, she went to the bathroom to brush her teeth. Then to her room, so she could get dressed.

She went with a black fitted turtleneck, a beige V-neckline knitted cardigan and wide-leg black jeans. She completed her outfit with her favorite golden necklace and earrings. Athena brushed her hair and carefully made her bangs.

She grabbed her school bag and went back downstairs, where she put her jacket and boots on.

"Bye mom, bye Tommy!"

"Bye sweetie, have a nice day!"

"Thank you, you too!"

And with that Athena left the house and walked up to Steve. They had their usual conversation.

"I hate snow," Steve said.

"Really?"

"Yeah. It's horrible."

"I suppose it's hard to get over the heat and the sun."

"Very..."

It took longer to arrive at school, since Steve was driving more carefully, because of the icy roads.

Athena felt excited, and that scared her. The girl knew it wasn't the stimulating learning environment she was anticipating, or seeing her new set of friends.

If she wanted to be honest with herself, Athena knew she was eager to get to school because of Edward Cullen. And that was very, very stupid.

Probably the most stupid thing she has ever thought.
Athena was still scared of the hostility she sometimes felt emanating from him, and also, still tongue-tied whenever she pictured his perfect face.
She was also well aware that her league and his league were spheres that did not touch.
So Athena shouldn't be anxious at all to see him today.