𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬: 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚇𝚅𝙸

𖣘 𝙵𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𖣘

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃, 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐓𝐎 argue with the part of her that was sure last night was a dream

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃, 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐓𝐎 argue with the part of her that was sure last night was a dream. She wanted to be a dream. All she wanted, was to wake up and for everything to go back to normal. For Edward to be... Edward. Human Edward. Of course, Athena didn't believe he was a monster, she never did, after everything he'd done for her. But...was it all too much?

Could she possibly want nothing to do with him?

No. No. No. How could she even think that?

It was too late, after all. Their newfound friendship surely meant something to her.
Athena couldn't just walk away after Edward trusted her with his secret.

It was foggy and dark outside her windows.
After breakfast, the girl got dressed, and she put a cardigan on top of her clothes, remembering she didn't have a jacket.

Further proof that everything was real.

Athena hurried out the door, after saying her goodbyes.
Hopefully, the rain would hold off until she could find Jessica.

It was unusually foggy; the air was almost smoky with it. The mist was ice cold and it clung to the exposed skin on her face. She hugged herself to her cardigan. Athena couldn't wait to absorb the warmth of Steve's truck. It was such a thick fog that the girl was a few feet down the driveway before she realized there was a car in it: a silver car.

She didn't see where he came from, but suddenly he was there, pulling the door open for her.

"Do you want to ride with me today?" Edward asked.

There was uncertainty in his voice.

"Uh, I always get a ride from Steve..."

"I don't think, we'll hurt anyone if I give you a ride for today..." Edward grinned.

She took a deep breath. "Fine," Athena said, trying to keep her voice calm. As she stepped into the warm car, the girl noticed his grey coat was slung over the headrest of the passenger seat. The door closed behind her, and, sooner than should be possible, he was sitting next to her, starting the car.

"I brought the jacket for you. I didn't want you to get sick or something." his voice was guarded. Athena noticed that he wore no jacket himself.

"Thank you...but I'm not quite that delicate," the girl said, and pulled the coat onto her lap, pushing her arms through the too-long sleeves.

The delicious scent was still there.

"Aren't you?" Edward contradicted in a voice so low Athena wasn't sure if he meant for her to hear.

The girl remember that she needed to inform Steve, that she already got a ride for today. So she quickly texted the boy.
They drove through the fog-shrouded streets, always too fast.