𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬: 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝚇

𖣘 𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𖣘

𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇. 𝐓𝐑𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎
focus on today's lesson. Mike wasn't sitting in his usual seat next to her, she felt a twinge of guilt honestly. But he and Eric both met her at the door, as usual, so Athena figured she wasn't totally unforgiven. Mike seemed to become more himself as they walked, gaining enthusiasm as he talked about the weather report for this weekend. The rain was supposed to take a minor break, so maybe his beach trip would be possible.

Athena tried to sound eager, to make up for disappointing him yesterday. It was hard; rain or no rain, it would still only be in the high forties, if they were lucky.

The rest of the morning passed in no time. During the morning Athena got a bad headache. It was bearable, though she did think of leaving.

But Athena planned to speak with Edward about Seattle in Biology. It was difficult to believe that she hadn't just imagined what Edward had said, and the way his eyes had looked.

Maybe it was just a very convincing dream that she'd confused with reality. That seemed more probable than that Athena appealed to him on any level.

So, the girl was impatient and frightened as she and Jessica entered the cafeteria.
Athena wanted to see his face, only to see if he'd gone back to the cold, indifferent person she'd known for the last several weeks. Or if, by some miracle, she'd heard what she thought she'd heard the previous morning.

Jessica babbled on and on about her dance plans-Lauren and Angela had asked the other boys and they were all going together-completely unaware of Athena's inattention.

Disappointment flooded through her as her eyes passed on his table. The other four were there, but he was absent.

Had he gone home?

They sat on the table, it was annoying having to deal with a headache and also having someone talking non-stop in your ear. She closed her eyes and her hands caressed her temples.

"Are you alright?" Jessica asked, stopping her babbling.

"Yeah, just a headache."

"Oh, okay."

And just as Athena thought she would finally stop talking Jessica began again.
She leaned her head on her hand and waited for her to finish.

"Edward Cullen is staring at you again," Jessica said, after she dropped the subject she was rambling about.

"I wonder why he's sitting alone today."