twenty seven

CHRIS AND DAVID WAITED for what seemed like an eternity in the backseat of the minivan parked outside of emory university hospital. namil would be back any moment now....

"i wonder what they do with people's titty meat after they remove it?" chris pondered.

"probably throw it away," david responded. "what else would they do with it?"

"i don't know, but letting titty meat go to waste is a horrible thing," chris smacked his lips, "if i were a doctor who did top surgery, i would just keep the titty meat, freeze it, and sell it on the dark web for an outrageous price."

"you're an idiot," david shook his head.

right before chris opened his mouth to argue his point further, he noticed namil alongside both of his parents walking towards the minivan.

he was dressed in the same black hoodie and grey sweatpants he was wearing before he went under the knife, and his eyes were especially baggy and puffy, due to him being physically tired due to being operated on. however, he had a wide, playful grin spread across his face, grateful to see his two best friends after so long.

once he got closer to the van, david and chris exited it so that they could greet him.

"kota!" they both exclaimed, almost in unison as they ran to pull him into a three way hug.

"oh my god y'all, i didn't know you were coming!" namil's face lit up with joy as his friends embraced him with open arms. "i missed you guys so so much."

"we missed you too," david spoke up, clinging onto him tightly. "i didn't know what to do at school these past few days."

"you really left me alone with david. that's pitiful," chris sighed, earning a chuckle from namil and a punch in the shoulder from david.

"anyway," david sighed, "we asked your parents if we could come and they said yeah. because we wanted to be the first ones to see you after you got out."

"that's really....gay," namil noted. "gay as hell. but it's also really sweet."

eventually, the three of them got back into the backseat of the minivan, so that they could return to namil's home and hang out for the first time in about a week as a trio.

"ooh, kota, i got you something," david spoke up, pulling out something from the backseat and presenting it to namil.

"is this a tit cupcake?" namil tried to hold back his laughter, "y'all silly, for real."

"kan made it," chris chimed in. "we wanted him to make more but you know how jace is about kan 'baking for other people'...."

"he so sassy," namil quipped, still staring at the titty cupcake in awe. "i'm mad that they actually looked like this too. like how did he know?"

"you lightskin with dark nipples. it's not hard to figure out," chris shrugged, "now that we on the subject, what did they do with your titty meat after they pulled it out?"

"i don't know?" namil replied in confusion. "probably threw it away or something, ion know."

"what a wasted opportunity," chris mumbled under his breath.

"don't ask," david shook his head.

the rest of the car ride back to the bridges resident was spent in the same manner. the three friends talking, laughing and joking together as they always did.

at some point during the trip, namil decided to just lay across both david and chris' laps, because he was still extremely tired and needed to lay down most of the time.

of course, neither of the boys minded, although they both complained outwardly initially, mostly to hide both of their crushes on their friend by acting annoyed by it.

but after a while, it became apparent that neither minded it, with david running his fingers through namil's dreads and playing with his hair, and with chris rubbing circles on his upper thighs.

they were both grateful that namil's parents weren't really paying attention to what was going on in the backseat, and were in their own conversation, or else this would be a weird scene to explain.

"y'all are so touchy," namil mumbled, curling up a little bit and getting comfy in his friend's laps. "i like it though."

as he drifted asleep, david and chris just looked at him as if he were the center of the universe, and in a way, to the two of them, he was.

"he's so adorable when he's sleeping," chris murmured, not really meaning to say that out loud.

"right?" david agreed, still petting namil's hair gently. "he's so pretty for no reason."

the conversation fizzled out until the van pulled up into the driveway of the home, which was more like a mini mansion deep in the suburbs.

everyone always wondered why the fuck namil even went to their ghetto ass school when his parents were loaded, and could've easily sent him to private school, but it was a good thing that he did. he was a blessing to their friend group for sure.

david gently shook namil to wake him up out of his quick nap. the teen woke up a little frazzled for a second, but realized that he was home.

he sat up straight and stretched a little bit while his friends got out of the van, he was about to follow them out, but his mom stopped him in his tracks.

"hey, why does jace never come over anymore?" the white woman asked with confusion, "you two used to be so close..."

the giddy expression on his face was then replaced by an annoyed one. he hated when his mom pried into his business, and she would ask about ugly ass jace of all things. great, now his mood was ruined.

"mom i already told you why," namil huffed. "we don't like each other anymore. he changed, like a lot. he not the same person he used to be."

"yeah, but you never told me what exactly happened..." she continued to inquire.

"nothing happened, we're just two different people now with nothing in common," namil answered, hoping that she'd leave it alone.

"oh, alright. it's still a shame...i could've sworn you would've been best friends for the rest of your lives."

"well, we're not," he huffed, climbing out from the van and catching up with his friends, hoping to spend more quality time with them and to forget this conversation even happened.

-

1080 words

i luv foreshadowing...or is it backshadowing bc its sum that happened in the past 🤨

i love this lil poly too <3 it's so great.

~ reese