thirty five

THE LAST PLACE THAT IZAYA NEEDED TO BE RIGHT NOW was at a party.

it wasn't really a secret among the friend group that izaya had been dealing with a bad case of depression lately, in addition to all of his other mental health issues, which is why he had been absent in the groupchat as of late.

he didn't really feel like he got much attention in the groupchat to begin with, but to be fair, it was easy to fade into the background when 90% of the groupchat was just jace being the nuisance that he was born to be and everyone else giving him the attention that he so desperately craved. 

that wasn't exactly the type of thing that izaya felt like taking part in; he never left the groupchat though. he just kind of stopped checking it regularly, as he didn't have the mental energy to do so.

he stopped coming to school too, although seeing him at school was a rare occurrence anyway. he had no idea how or if he was going to even graduate with the amount of unexcused absences that he had. he'd honestly end up dropping out all together and get his ged or something, since it was getting harder and harder for him to wake up every morning, much less go to school.

so why did he somehow find the energy to get up and go to a party of all places? somewhere where he wouldn't feel comfortable anyway?

because it was tyreek's party.

izaya has had a slight crush on tyreek for a while now; since before the groupchat was even a thing.

he never planned on approaching tyreek, let alone confess his crush to him, because he had never really had a substantial conversation with him. coming out the gate and telling him he liked him when they barely knew each other would just be weird.

but tonight, izaya decided that he was going to go up and talk to him. tyreek was nice and approachable, so he shouldn't have had any trouble with doing so.

or so he thought.

"c'mon izzy," chris prodded at him, sticking to his self-appointed role as izaya's wingman. "you gotta say something to him."

izaya broke his wistful stare at tyreek and turned his attention to chris. "i will...later."

"iz, it's tyreek. he's not gonna dub you, he's literally the nicest nigga i know," chris continued to encourage izaya "at least say hi."

izaya took another peek at tyreek, by himself in the kitchen, sitting on a counter top and scrolling through his phone. he didn't want to bother him, but he knew that tonight would be the only night he was brave enough to say something to him.

"you ask namil out yet?" izaya changed the subject to chris' love life.

chris shook his head. "naw, not yet. i'm doing it tonight for sure though. i just gotta wait to get him alone."

namil was in the living room, play fighting with amiri and wesley. it made chris burn with jealousy, seeing two other men with their hands all over him, tossing him around and manhandling him, even though they were just playing around.

for some reason, he never really got that jealous about david and namil obviously liking each other. maybe it was because he didn't see david as a threat, or maybe he liked david too...