thirty eight

THE SECOND THAT TYLER LEFT THE GROUPCHAT, he tossed his phone onto the bed and began bawling.

he had already been crying during the initial confrontation, tears streaming down his cheeks and fingers shaking as he tried to defend himself after being thrown onto the spot, but once he left, it devolved into a full blown meltdown.

tyler hated confrontation. tyler hated arguments. tyler hated having his personal business thrown out like it was nothing, and most importantly, tyler hated jace.

he couldn't remember the last time he hated someone as violently and as viscerally as he did jace.

he knew he wasn't special in that regard, just about everyone hated his ass, but after the day he's had today, with him being thrust into the center of the drama in the friend group solely because jace was bored and wanted attention as usual, tyler went from passively hating him, to actively praying on his downfall. he wanted him dead.

tyler screamed into his pillow and began to cry even harder, hyperventilating and shaking while he thought of every single thing that was going to go wrong.

not only were things once again awkward with andre, but now tyreek was dragged into the mess too, and he didn't deserve that.

his phone began vibrating again, and lo and behold, he had been added back to the groupchat.

fuckiayze added weloveyoutecca to "the jace springer show"

fuckiayze
since you niggas keep
leaving the damn gc
because yall cant take
the heat ima go live

fuckiayze
im going live and i
will interview the people
who are involved in this
aka deante, andre, tyler,
tyreek and izaya

slump6s
im about to make you
get interviewed by cps
in a minute

weloveyoutecca
jace can you please just
leave me the fuck alone.

weloveyoutecca
i'm serious leave me
alone please i can't
do this shit.

and with that, tyler left the groupchat and blocked jace all together; knowing that he definitely wouldn't listen to his pleads to be left alone.

he honestly didn't want to be added back to that groupchat for a while. he loved his friends, but when it got toxic, it got toxic, and he just couldn't handle it.

what tyler needed more than anything right now, was comfort. otherwise he was just going to spiral worse and worse.

he went to his contacts and called tyreek.

he listened to the dial tone for a few seconds, before tyreek answered his call.

"hey ty," tyreek answered the phone, sounding happy but still clearly concerned for tyler after the events of the day. "are you good?"

"no," tyler answered, the shakiness of his voice making it obvious that he'd been crying. "can you come over?"

tyler immediately regretted asking that. he quickly followed it up with disclaimers. "it's alright if you can't, and like, we don't have to have sex or anything, honestly i'd prefer if we didn't. i just need you right now ty, please."