Chapter 19

---~~~Time Skip, 6Years Later~~~---
*Bre's POV*

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Nash! Happy birthday to you!" We all sang as I brought the cake out.

"Make a wish big brother!" Hayes cheered.

"I'm so proud of my future brother in law! 27 years old and already won an oscar, and working on his 8th movie! Can't wait to see what this year brings you!" Mary spoke with her glass held high.

'I'm so happy that my best friend is getting married to her one true love. Not to mention that it's my boyfriend's brother. Maybe one day I can get married to Nash and we'll actually be sisters,' I thought.

We all cheered to that and started to cut the cake. I was passing out slices to everyone when Nash grabbed me by the arm and asked if we could talk.

Instantly my heart sank like a brick in water. Why did he need to talk? Was he going to leave me? I know things have been a bit rough lately, but not that bad.

"Hey I was wondering if you wanted to go to Hawaii over the New Years week?"

"Oh yeah that sounds like a lot of fun!"

"Great! I already have a place booked and a couple of plans that we could do," he chimed.

"Perfect. I can't wait."

We headed back out to the living room where everyone was lounging and talking. Most people were done with there cake, so we decided to open gifts.

"Ooh me first! Open mine first!" Skylynn squealed.

She handed him a big, blue paper covered, box.

"I wonder what it could be?" He asked picking up the box getting ready to shake it.

"No! You can't shake it!" Skylynn yelled.

"Okayyyy."

Nash set the box down on the table in front of him and ripped off the blue paper and threw it on the ground. After we ripped off the tape and opened the box he had a huge smile on his face.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's a puppy!" He yelled pulling out this gorgeous husky with the biggest brown eyes.

"Oh my god!" I yelled.

"What are you gonna name him?" Skylynn asked.

"Malibu" he stated holding the puppy up above his head.

"Well mr. Lion king shall we continue with the presents?" Mary chuckled.

"Yes we shall."

Thirty minutes of shredding boxes, hanging out with his family and friends and taking pictures later, we finally got to do my present. It wasn't exactly something you could wrap up, so I had to wait till everyone was gone.

"Okay get in the car. It's time for my birthday present to you!" I exclaimed.

"Where are we going?" He questioned.

"You'll see soon enough!"

I hopped into the drivers side of my SUV and backed out of the driveway. I reached into the center console and grabbed the little black blind fold I put in there just for this occasion.

"Here put this on. You can't know where we are going until we get there."

"Whatever you say," Nash chuckled and proceeded to do as he was told.

I pulled into an empty parking lot in front of an old abandoned water park. I got out hastily and opened his door.

"Come on. Follow me!"

We went around to the back of the front building where I set up a screen for a movie night. I've spent many days just preparing this event. I mean, I have a full size theater screen and projector, I bought a new sound system and hooked it up by myself, I set up a couple of special lights that have different settings so we could have our own little party and I even got one of the local Italian restaurants to deliver for tonight.

"OK you can take off your blindfold now," I whispered in his ear.

He slowly undid the blindfold and as he looked at the set up I could just see his face light up.

"Are you serious babe? You really did all of this for my birthday?"

"Of course. Sorry it's not more, but I didn't really know what to do."

"It's great babe. I love you so much. I still can't believe that you've been all mine for five and a half years now."

"I can't either. You know, when Mary and I were 13 year old little girls, we used to imagine what it'd be like just to meet you at one of your tours. At the time when we went to North Carolina, I didn't really know you guys too well but Mary pointed out who you two were and I had a mini panic attack. I never thought that I'd end up here with you, the older brother," I said leading him over to the palette I had laid out for us.

"I never thought I'd ever be with a girl that was so independent and loyal at the same time. Most girls you see go their own way alone, or keep a guy attached to them at all times. You're the exception to that," he whispered looking at the side of my face.

I didn't want to look back. I knew I'd probably end up crying, so I just kept looking at the sunsetting in the sky. I felt his fingers interlock with mine.

"How'd you even get all this stuff?" He questioned and changed the topic.

"Oh you know, just another perk of being a popular writer, director and producer. I mean all I had to do was call a couple of the techies that are working on my movie right now to know where I could find all this stuff. Plus Jack and Cam offered to help me move this stuff into the apartment."

"Wait which Jack?"

"Johnson obviously. Gilinsky cheated on Mary for two years. I'm still not forgiving him for that. She was absolutely crushed and I don't want to bring that back into her life at the moment with the whole getting married thing," I explained.

"True, but it has been six years since that happened. Don't you think it's time to let that go? I mean, every girl gets her heart broken."

"I'm not mad that they didn't work out and she cried over him. I'm mad that he continued to lead her on for two years and to crush her heart when she was in a new environment and had one friend near her. Her entire first year of college was awkward for her because he was close and kept trying to get back together with her. The fact that he didn't leave my best friend alone is why I'm still pissed at him."

"Fair enough. Now let's change the subject. I want to spend time being with you rather than talking about old wounds on my birthday."

"Well let's see. I have about seven different movies, a bottle of champagne and about 1,000 songs uploaded onto my computer which is connected to the projector. We could watch a movie or have a little more fun and turn this awesome new stereo up and run around the park like idiots."

"I like that second idea better!" He replied with a huff of laughter.