Chapter 18

*Bre's POV*

I'm so glad that Nash and Hayes are here. Otherwise I don't know if I would've come. I mean I love Mary like a sister, but her family can be... Quite loud I guess you could put it.

Her mom says that I'm like a daughter to her. I'm happy that she loves me and all but like I said she can be loud along with the rest of the family. They're just really dramatic. Like one time when Mary first got her licens her god mother, her aunt and her uncle were picking on her at Christmas saying that "now you're going to have to run all our errands" or "we might just have to put a tracker in that car of yours so that we know if you go to one of your boyfriend's houses." Or my favorite, "I'll teach you how to cover up any tracks of having a guy in you back seat!" Yeah, her aunt told her that one. That's why I love her aunt.

But without the boys it'd be like being around my own family. With them they are at least on their best behavior. I hope.

The doorbell rang and a cluster of people fell through the door. Oh boy, here we go. There was her grandmother, three cousins, aunt and uncle and lastly little sister and little brother. You may be thinking this isn't much family, but trust me. They are plenty. I've spent Christmas and thanksgiving with them before, it's loud and crazy beyond belief. Just like home!

"Hello Braelyn! How have you been? I haven't seen you since Mary's birthday!!!" Her aunt said.

"I know it seems like forever! How have you been?"

"Oh I'm great! My best friend is getting married and asked me to be the maid of honor!!!"

"That's fantastic!" I squealed.

"I know! I can't wait to see their wedding. It's going to be in January and it's going to be an outdoors ceremony, but it will be on a deck with plastic curtains to keep as much heat in as possible and you can still see the scenery."

"Sounds lovely," I giggled.

She turned to Mary and smiled. "Who is your boyfriend over here?"

"He's not my boyfriend," Mary argued.

"He better not be," her uncle interjected.

"And why is that?" I asked. "After all he is quite the cutie!" I said pinching Hayes' cheeks.

"Whatever," he said wresting my hands away.

"What's for dinner?!" Josh asked in a hurry.

"Calm down little bro, mom's not done cooking the turkey yet." Mary said.

"Ugh. How much longer?"

"About another thirty minutes to an hour."

"Why must everybody hate me?!" Josh whined.

"I don't know, but I must say I agree with them," Mary chuckled.

"Hey now that's not very nice!" Her little cousin Joe piped in.

"Do you honestly think she cares?" I dead panned.

He just glanced at the ground and ignored the comment. That's when we all went into the family room and decided to watch the thanksgiving day parade. There was limited seating so Hayes came up with a plan for him, Nash, Mary and I to sit on a three cushion couch. Basically he told Nash to sit on one end and he'd sit at the other. Mary and I would lay our upper bodies across their lap and our feet would be in the middle. It was a good idea at first. But then Nash had to pee. And Hayes got thirsty. And then they both got hungry. So I let Mary have the couch because I was tired of getting up.

I sat on the floor and watched the, ever so boring, parade. I guess I started drifting to sleep because Nash tapped me on my shoulder and told me to get up.