Chapter 7

*Bre's POV*

I left Nash sitting on the bench and chased after Noah.

"Noah wait!"

"What! What do you want Bre?" He didn't call me Braelyn like Nash had.

"I didn't kiss him he kissed me! I was caught up in the moment and I made a mistake. Please, don't leave because I did something stupid."

"I heard you tell him you love him," he said as he turned around to face me.

"He was my first love! What do you expect me to do? Yeah I have feelings for him, but I'm not going to give you up for him!" I try to explain.

"I was going over to your dorm to tell you I love you, but instead I see you with your ex. What do you think that tells me?"

"Wait, why were you going over to my place at four in the morning?"

"Because my parents told me that I got accepted into Rice... And Harvard. I'm leaving at six for my flight. I came here to choose which college if go to. I wanted to go to Rice so that I'd be closer to the girl I love, but now it's clear where I need to go."

My heart sunk. I sat down on the ground and l buried my face in my hands. Then I cried. Everyone that I have ever loved left me. My mom, Nash, I had to move away from home so my dad was gone, Mary was in Michigan, and now Noah.

"Noah..."

"Shh," he scut me off. "Don't worry about it. I love you so much Bre. I just need to hear you tell me the truth. Do you love me? Or do you love Nash? And don't you dare bull shit me. I want you to be completely honest."

That was the question of the year now wasn't it. The one question I could not answer. One because I feared I'd choose Nash and I'd lose the man that stood their with me through the pain I had. I was also scared I would choose Noah, and lose the boy I had gladly received the pain from. It was the most difficult, life changing decision I had to make. And I couldn't do it.

"I don't know," I whispered between sobs. "I just don't know."

"That's okay. I'll still be around by the time you decide. It's okay to not know when your in college. This is where you figure things out in your own time. I'll wait for you Bre." He still didn't call me Braelyn like I wanted him to.

"Okay. Do you know when I'll see you again?"

"No. I don't think I will be able to come home till Christmas."

My head drops back into my hands. I drag them down my moist cheeks clearing away the salty tears.

It hurts.

To see him leave. What happens if he doesn't wait? What if he finds someone else who knows that they love him? What if he forgets about me?

Timelaps~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today Noah left me. He is on his way right now to Cambridge, Massachusetts. I didn't get to say goodbye to him at the airport. Ever since he sent me the text saying he was off... I locked myself in my own mind.

Nash came to the dorm a couple hours ago saying he was sorry. That I didn't have to choose and that he would understand if I didn't choose him. But in all honesty, I wanted to. Everyone that left me usually always left for good. Nash came back many different times though. He was like a thorn that I could never quite pull all the way out. At the same time he was like a pain killer that I needed in order to survive. That I needed to keep breathing. But the side effects were suffocating me.

The best choice was Noah. That wasn't the one I was going to make though. I called Nash to come back over and to bring movies, chocolate, and popcorn. He got there with Rocky 3, Man of Steel, Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back, and Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring. In a basket he brought some cokes, microwaveable popcorn, a lot of Hershey kisses and other chocolates, Ben & Jerry's cookie dough icecream and a teddy bear.

"Thanks," I smiled to the boy that knew me so well.

"I figured you'd need it. Want me to order a pizza too?"

"I already did," I giggled with real laughter.

"Well then, shall we?" He asked extending his arm signaling me to loop mine though his.

"We shall."

I tugged him over to my bed and grabbed my laptop. I set it on his lap and curled up to his warm chest. His head slightly leaned on mine making a smile appear across my tired little face.

"You okay Braelyn?"

"I choose you."

"What do you mean?"

I repossessioned myself so that I was staring into his icy crystals. Then again spoke, "I choose you." He still didn't get it. "Nash, I love you and only you. I pick you over Noah."

I could tell by his face that it clicked. A smile stretched his lips apart showing off his perfect teeth. "Braelyn, I love you too. I always have and always will."

Then our lips were joined together. It was a little kiss. Light and sweet. Not even a second long, yet it created such a sense of joy and comfort that I couldn't help but laugh. One little kiss, from one man, can do so much to me.

And I liked it that way.