Chapter 5

*Bre's POV*

I woke up to an annoying buzzing noise next to my head. My eyes slowly peeled open and I saw that there was some fucker calling me.

"What the hell do you want Devin!" I barked into the phone.

"Woah sweet cheeks, calm your ovaries. I called 'cause Noah wants to know if he can come over after he gets out of his lecture."

"Then why the fuck didn't he call or text, huh? Why'd he make a bastard like you call me at... Shit! It's fucking 3:30 am!"

"Is that a problem?"

"Yeah it's a fucking problem you mother fucking cunt! I like to sleep especially after a long day. Now leave me the fuck alone!!!" I screamed into the phone.

"Watch your language!" He played.

"Oh and your one to talk? Bye asshole." And I hung up the phone.

I'm sorry if you think I cuss a lot. I simply do not appreciate it when people wake me up. Now that I've bitched at someone I'm not gonna be able to fall asleep for another hour or so! Yay. Because Devin is such a douche bag, and had to wake me up, I decided to take a little walk on campus.

I stepped out the door and walked down the dark hall. I made my way to the elevator and hit the first floor button. The trip down seemed remarkably long. Even though the dorm was on the third floor. The elevator doors opened and I stumbled out the main doors.

There was a garden not too far outside the dorm rooms, so I shuffled like a zombie over to one of the benches. I was tired, but not enough to fall asleep, and it was a nice night out. I wrapped my arms around my knees, tilted my head back, and gazed at the stars.

"Beautiful night isn't it?" A voice said sitting beside me.

I didn't bother looking at him and spoke, "yes it is."

"I missed you."

"I don't believe that," I said turning my head away from the man next to me, and trying not to let the tears fall.

"Braelyn I didn't know what to do! I had never felt like that for another person before and then you left. How could I have talked to you if you shut me out? I called, and texted, I even tried to get to you through Mary! I don't understand what I did. Just please talk to me," he pleaded.

"Nash, I shut you out because you were my only weakness! I couldn't let you break me down okay? Then I found Noah, and I was happy. For a long time, I was happy again."

"You don't know how much pain I was in these last two and a half years!" He whimpered.

"I bet I can imagine."

"At least you had somebody there for you!" He protested.

"You have millions of girls throwing themselves at you! You could have almost any girl in the country, and more across the globe! Don't say that you went through this alone!" I yelled turning to face him.

"I don't want any girl. I want you. Even after all the shit I've gone through because of you, I still love you."

"All the shit because of me? Nash all you ever did to me was break my heart, and then tell me you love me! If that's what love is to you count me out," I screamed at him now only inches between us.

He put his hand on the back of my neck and leaned in closer and whispered, "You did that to me too."

Another tear dropped down my wet cheeks, and I squeezed my eyes tightly shut. I couldn't go through this again.

After I left North Carolina I stayed in contact with Nash, and we were best friends. The summer after my freshman year, we went to a cabin in Cali with Mary, the Jacks, and my friend Grace. It was there that history repeated itself. I fell for him again and he broke things off. Not too long after the trip had ended, he called me. This time I didn't answer. I was in love with my best friend, and every single call or text from him was like taking a hit from Mike Tyson (former heavyweight boxing champion of the world). I was done fooling myself, so I stopped. I didn't reply to anything he did. Didn't say hi if he was at Jack's place or even go in for that matter. I cut off the supply of venom that he had injected into my life. I cut off the supply of love.

"I'm sorry."

"I don't want you to be sorry Braelyn."

"That's the second time you've called me by my real name," I pointed out.

"Well it's just to beautiful to change. I don't want to call you by something that is too short to define you. Braelyn is perfect. Bre is not enough."

"Nash, I love you..."

"I love you too," he cut me off.

"...but I can't wait for you to decide that you are going to stay. A relationship is a two way street, and I can't forget that. You always say you don't want to leave, and then you say that leaving is for the best. When do I get a say in what's best?" I finish.

"Now. I had to leave because I didn't want to fuck things up with you. I was a kid, and I knew I'd do something stupid to lose you. But I'm not a kid anymore. I can take care of you now. I'm willing to do anything for you. I..."

"Stop," I cut in. "You may have been a kid, but college is where you can fuck things up. This is the time for mistakes."

"Exactly! This is a mistake I need to make. Because what if it's not a mistake?"

"You can't tie yourself down to me because you think I may be the one, or whatever reason you have for latching on to someone like me."

"No matter what you say... I'm not letting go this time. That's a mistake I can't make again."

Then he closed the gap between us and kissed me. It was like all the torture that love had put me through was being slowly washed away. His touch was calming, but painful all in one.

I hadn't realized I was kissing back until I heard, "Bre?"

My head snapped up at the sound. I turned to see Noah standing there. What did I just do!

All these thoughts ran through my head at once. Why did I kiss Nash? Why did I let Nash kiss me? Why is Noah here at 4:00 am? What did I get our relationship into? Do I love Noah? Or Nash?