Chapter 2

*Mary's POV*

Jack and I have made the long distance work for four years! When he went off to college it was an even longer distance. We decided on going to colleges that were not too far away from each other so that we'd be happy if we broke up or made it as a couple. He is at the University or Michigan Ann Arbor right now, and I'm currently on a plane to meet him. I'll be attending Michigan State University. I'm really excited that for once we will be able to be a real couple instead of just texting and seeing each other a couple times in the summer. But our colleges are an hour and a half away which isn't fun.

When the plane landed I heaved a sigh of relief. I don't particularly like flying. I feel like I'm gonna be in one of the rare crashes that has no survivors. Yeah, I'm weird like that. Anyways, I managed to get my luggage all by myself despite my height, yay me, and I got off the plane without tripping over everyone. I'm so proud of myself! As soon as I thought that I stepped on my shoe lace and fell onto the hard tile of the airport floor.

"Are you okay?" An elderly woman called from behind me.

"Yeah I'm alright, it's just a little bruise."

"Well here let me help you with your bags," she offered as I got off the cold floor.

"Thank you." Then I heard another voice.

"Excuse me ma'am I got it."

"Why, what a gentleman."

I could immediately tell by his voice that it was Jack! I spun around and hugged him tightly against me. He did the same and we stood there for a while. Happy to be in each other's embrace.

"Hey we gotta go get you set up in your dorm!" He cheered breaking the bond.

"Haha yeah, I guess we better get going huh?"

The car trip to the university was a painful thirty minutes. Luckily I was with my man. Jack just talked and talked and talked and talked a little more, leaving me with no room to answer his many questions. I just giggled and waited for him to shut up. He finally ended his rant once we pulled into a parking space.

"Well aren't you a Chatty Cathy?" I chimed.

"Sorry, I've just missed you and being in college without you sucked. Like bad!"

"Well now you don't have to worry about that!" I chuckled.

I grabbed my packet full of my information like my dorm room number, student handbook, and other stuff like that. Jack helped me find my room and we parted ways as I unlocked the door to my new life.

When the door swung open, I saw a girl that looked to be Japanese or something. She was just sitting there with her legs crossed and a book in her lap. Her black hair was in a tall bun that was tight on top of her head. I set my bag down on the bed directly in front of me. That's when her head snapped up and her eyes narrowed.

"What do you think you are doing?" She glared.

"Um... I'm just setting my bag down. I Mary, your new roommate." I extended my hand to shake hers, but she just looked at it and rolled her eyes.

"That's my bed you inferior fool."

"Then why are you sitting on mine?" I spat back.

"Because I made my bed so that it looks neat all day, I'm not just going to sit on it to ruin it!"

"Then sit your ass on the floor and stop treating me like a child because I can either ignore you or make your life miserable. Your choice."

She didn't give me an answer. Only sat on my bed and stared at me. Her bitchy self, after all eternity, decided to move to the floor like I suggested. She went back to studying and I began unpacking.