chapter 7

Scars pov

He's now in the pack house hospital recovering. He's alive but the wounds were really deep barely missing his jugular. They've put him in a chemical induced coma so his wolf can have the chance to heal aswell as his human. I didn't want to leave him but I have blood on me from the rogues so I have to shower. I run home quickly showering and dry myself off. I go to my closet and grab some comfy pj's along with a a warm coat and some pig slippers which are epic.

I run downstairs and out into the night towards the pack hospital again. Once I'm there I run inside going up to his room. Seeing my mate like this hurts me but I've been through worse. I sit on the chair beside his bed and watch him intently even though I know he won't move or wake up. I place his hand in mine and lean my head in the bed drifting off to sleep.

I wake up when someone shakes my shoulder so I grab there hand and flip them. I open my eyes to see jase on the floor groaning in pain I gasp "I'm so sorry I didn't know it was you I swear" I say partially amused. He just grunts and hold his hands out pouting. Rolling my eyes I easily help him up "you have to teach me that. It was epic" he says eyes wide an all. I laugh and pat his shoulder "maybe another time I'm busy" I say sitting back down. He grabs my shoulders firmly lifting me up "no come on mum says you have to eat" he states trying to take me out of the room. My wolf growls angry but I push her back and quickly take myself out of his grip. "Then bring me food but I'm not leaving him jase." I state firmly giving him my serious face.

Hunter's pov

I know what's happened. I'm in a coma. Great. But it keeps me amused hearing some people argue one standing out. It's a females voice and she's refusing to leave me. Not like she's missing anything I'm not waking up anytime soon. My past isn't exactly painful it's just annoying. My old pack are full of assholes and my mum used to be nice along with my dad but the pack made them horrible. My brother died a few years ago and they weren't even fazed like they didn't care. He was supposed to be alpha but my dad wouldn't hand the title down so when he died I became next in line. I don't want that horrid pack for my own. I didn't even want to be alpha If I'm honest. I just want my mate.

Scars pov

Two more days passed with my mate still In a coma I'm hoping the doctor would wake him up soon. I'm guessing lucks on my side today as the doctor came in an hot later. "Are you waking him up?" My voice excited but nervous, he nods. I sit by his bed as the doctor did whatever he needed to him to wake him up. "How long will it be before he actually wakes up?" I ask once he finished. "Soon it's different for everyone" he says I nod thanking him. I lay my head on the bed getting comfy and slowly drift.

I slowly up when I feel someone watching me, I quickly open my eyes looking around the room. Something gently touched my hand causing tingles, so I flinched before remembering my mate. I looked up at him slowly noticing it's him touching my hand not that I minded. He gave me a boyish grin "hey" his voice sounded like heaven to me. I return his grin "hi" I whisper and look away from him. If he finds out about my past he won't even want me. Who would want a mate that got kidnapped, beat, raped, had a child and then the child died. I can't tell him. Ever.

We sit in silence when jase burst through the door with a big tray full of food. "Oh your awake. Well I brought food so eat up" he says smiling but looking pointedly at me. I sighed holding out my hands "I'm not hungry but fine." I mutter childishly, he quickly walk over passing it to me. I place it on the bed between me and my mate who smiles at me. I watch him curiously a million thoughts running through my head about him. He starts eating but nods for me to so I sigh again and pick up some food biting it. He smiles approvingly making my the corner of my lips turn up slightly. I hear the door shut quietly and realised my brother has left once again.

Jases pov

I watch my sister with her mate. She has a spark in her eye when she's around him and I hate to say it but he could be good for her. I know that when she was gone for five years she's been through more than anyone can imagine. I can see it in her eyes that she's lost hope on everything and everyone. The first day she came here she looked completely broken especially when leon died in her arms. When she left to get revenge she looked lost, broken, determined but most of all..Her eyes held mostly hate. The way she was training in the room as we all watched I've never seen anyone move so smooth. So agile. She made it look easy fighting all those men and winning. They were all pack warriors or guards in training but all high up.

The six months after she healed slightly. She laughed and smiled looking happy but we could all see it haunted her and always will. She had nightmares often waking up screaming and sweating. Our dad had to go in he was the only one who can calm her down. But seeing her with her mate she looked genuinely happy like she doesn't feel the pain. She hasn't forgot about leon but she looks refreshed around him.

I walk to my dad who looks concerned "is she eating? How is she doing" he asked as soon as I reached him. We've all always been protective over her even though she's mine and joeys older sister. "Her mate made her eat and she fine she looks happy like she's not feeling the pain so much around him" I say happy for her. He smiles looking relieved "that's good. Now your going to be eighteen soon and I'm thinking scars mate should become alpha. I know she doesn't want the position so ill give it to him if he wants it. If not then you or joey get to be alpha" he says like he's been planning it's for years but only two days.

"I think her mate will be good for the alpha position, if it's ok I only want to be a beta so does joey" I say nervously looking away from him. I don't know what he'll think of me only wanting to be beta, I don't want to dissapoint him. He sighs "I understand but if he doesn't want the position then you or joey have to take it." I nod knowing the only thing I can hope is that hunter accepts the position.

Hunter's pov

'She's gorgous' I say to my wolf who growls in agreement. 'To gorgous imagine all the males after her' he growls, I frown at the thought. She's been sat with me since her brother came and brought food. We got to know each other a little bit but I feel like she's hiding something from me. Something big. Somehow I know she won't tell me so there's no point in asking. She's been in thought for a few minutes with pain in her eyes, she suddenly stand up. "I have to go" her voice is guarded but because of out bond I know she's hurting over something. Before I can say or do anything she leaves the room, I get up curiously and mask my scent. I follow her making sure she doesn't see me. She leaves the pack hospital I'm in and goes into the woods. Ten minutes later I see a huge house well mansion that all the pack lives in as well as houses dotted around the land. There's a lot of werewolves.

I walk into the house feeling hundreds of eyes on me. I can hear her voice she's sounds like she's crying. I hide behind the corner so I can listen as she speaks "I don't think I can do this daddy" she sounds muffled like she's hugging someone. Who I'm gussing is her dad sighs "he's your mate princess just give him a chance" he says softly. She sniffles "I..I.i can't. I'm not ready aft..After...leon. I can't tell him..I can't tell him.." she trails of breaking into tears again. Who's leon? Does she already love someone? As someone hurt her. Questions wiz around my mind.

I turn the corner feeling anger and hurt course through me. She didn't hear me although her dad did look slightly suprised. "If you didn't want me then you should have said the day we met. Not keep stringing me along" I say to her angry. It hurt me to speak to her like this but she doesn't want me anyway. She turns quickly, wiping her tears stepping forward. "Wait I..its not like that. You d..don't understand" she says pleading but I shake my head. "All I've ever wanted is my mate. I guess you never wanted the same thing." I turn away as I finish talking and just walk away.