chapter 23

"So do you know why you've changed colors?" I ask quietly. She looks down at me "do you not like it?" She asks frowning.

"It's love it! It looks bad ass but I just don't understand" I say smiling.

She grins "it does and I can change to any color I want to some just take a hell of a lot more energy. I've been saving energy for the past six months for this color. " she says excited.

I laugh "well it was worth it you look gorgous" I snuggle into her fur. She licks the side of my face happily making me laugh loudly. I sit up and wipe my face smiling.

She lays down so I lay down to and place my head on her back.

"I miss hunter" she sighs sadly. I frown "hunters mine. Isn't his wolf yours?" I ask stupidly. She laughs "were one you idiot so your mate is mine and mine is yours. Yes his wolf is mine but I guess we have to share and besides hunter is...like ice cream. I could eat him all day long" she trails off by the end looking like she's daydreaming.

"Hey! I totally agree with you" I say grinning. She smirks nodding.

"So can every wolf change color?" I ask curiously. She shrugs "the royals years ago tried to keep it a secret but all high pureblood alphas can do it. None know about it though because the royals didn't want people to know" she says shrugging.

"Oh well its kinda cool. Can hunter do it?" I ask excited, she smiles.

"Maybe" she says. I stroke her soft fluffy fur.

"I'm sorry for all the years I left you to feel alone" she says after a minute.

"It's fine but I did miss you" I admit. She snuggles her big head into me "I missed you to scar".

"Let's leave the past as that. The past ok" I say happily. She howls happily "yes yes of course" she says.

I laugh feeling like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

"I feel free" we admit together before chuckling.

"So what do you do here?..wherever here is.." I trail off looking around. I see the forest surrounding us but it looks so much more colorful and peaceful here.

"This is where I stay when your asleep, it's basically your world but in my mind. Whilst your asleep my wolf form is tracking the forest. Learning everything about it getting to know everything in it." She explains.

"Wow.." I say in amazement. No wonder I know places perfectly even though I've never been there before.

"So what happened the other night with you and hunter?" She says mischievously. My face burns as my mind goes back to how everything felt.

"Nothing" I lie as I blush. She snorts "by nothing you mean something" she says rolling her eyes.

"Ok! Fine. We did..Some stuff but we didn't..ya know" I groan with embarrassment.

She rolls on her side in a fit of laughter. I huff crossing my arms childishly "it's not funny" I whine. She laughs even more at this making me roll my eyes.

"Why don't you like anyone?" I ask curiously. I've been wondering for years why she's so hostile to everyone.

She sits up straight "I wasn't with you at birth like most wolves. Before your mother gave birth to you the moon goddess called for me. At the time I belonged to another but I never had a mate. She could see potential in you and realised with me you'd become the person you were meant to be. Without me you would have been dead on your eighteenth birthday from them."